Horns have no respect

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal, Dec 8, 2002.

1. TravisCoTiger

TravisCoTiger Founding Member

Living in AUstin's not bad at all. My job here stinks,but apart from the food and the economy,it beats the snot out of living in the N.O. area where I grew up(OK,AGED). I know quite a few Horn fans,and like any other major school's fans,have their share of good and obnoxious ones.I really wish the Tigers had Mauck for this game and still don't know what got in Damien James' head.(I think if he were still on the team,LSU would've beaten Arkansas and the Kentucky game would never have come down to the final play). One more thing,the radio show known as the"Zone"has two hardcore no-talents by the names of Kevin Dunn and ex-Longhorn and Saint Brian Jones. The latter is your typical OUTSPOKEN "funnyman" who on implied that LSU fans are all a bunch of trailer trash and drunks. I wonder what his degree's in (if he HAS one)and if the school basically just hnded him one.

2. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Re: Re: Re: rebuttal

And where did Texas Tech fall in that theory?

3. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Re: Re: Re: Re: rebuttal

Oops, guess he forgot about that one.......

4. NORTHTEXHORN

NORTHTEXHORN Founding Member

I would submit that if indeed that is a theory, then it is much easier to theorize with just 2 defeats as opposed to 4 or 5! OU beat us as they probally should have! Texas Tech my friend was a case of not being properly prepared and just flat out not playing our best! Now lets here your excuses for all of LSU's defeats! We were less than 20 points from an undefeated seaon and a good chance at a NC. With a few less injuries and a few breaks here or there that certainly would of been the case! It didnt happen so here we are playing LSU in the Cotton Bowl! the good thing here is, after all the cheap talk, we do get to strap it on and play the game! I look for a good game and may the best team win! NTH

5. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

OK, NTH, I'll give you a theory about LSU's losses. Each of the four teams that beat LSU is ranked in the top 25 rushing offenses in Div. 1-A (Ark #11, Va. Tech #14, Bama #21, Auburn #25). Teams that did not run the ball as well (South Carolina #45, Kentucky #59, Florida #77, etc.) did not fare as well against the Tigers. Texas is ranked 72nd in rushing offense. LSU shut down the 19th, 22nd and 26th ranked passing offenses in Miami of Ohio, Florida and Ole Miss, respectively. Texas is ranked 35th in passing offense.

So, my theory would be that we don't play well against teams that run the ball well, yet we play very well against pass oriented teams.

6. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

SoLa, I really like your theory best! Well stated.

7. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

ok, you forced me!

I've never wanted to fall back on this, LSU's season was what it was and there are no excuses. Having said that, what would Texas' record be if THEY lost their starting QB, starting TB, and the best player in their secondary? 8-4? I highly doubt it. We'd be playing Tech instead of them. No matter, on the first day of the new year, Mike will be munching on Bevo!

8. nt

nt Freshman

Re: Re: Re: Re: rebuttal

Simms didn't lose that game. Defense was to blame.

9. msully

msully Founding Member

Look at the Last five games

LSU won TWO of the last FIVE games should have lost all Five !! )Texas is better than BAMA or Aub For sure they are better than KY it took a last second pass to win that game , well OLe Miss they are better than Ole Miss . This will have to be LSU's best game or we will think that Bama and Aub were close games . GEAUX TIGERS !!!! LSU has not played well in the last five games will that change if so how ? WHat will the tigers have to do to just stay with in 3 td 's of Texas? GEAUX TIGERS

10. NORTHTEXHORN

NORTHTEXHORN Founding Member

Actually Burlesontiger you point is very well taken! Not trying to make excuses but thats kind of what got us beat At Lubbock against Tech! Along with just not being prepared we had 7 true freshmen playing because of a ton of injuries on the D. The entire secondary with the exception of Babers was out! Kingsbury had a field day! Of course anytime we play Tech, it is the super bowl! Hopefully we will be healthy! NTH