Horns have no respect

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Better teams on game day.

Remember Colorado last year? LSU is much like them. Not much pass, good offensive line and a 230 lb RB. Reese has a hard time stopping those type of teams. I watch his Ds at LSU and now at TX. Same schemes...

2. NORTHTEXHORN

NORTHTEXHORN Founding Member

Good point Fritzz about the same scheme and this is what has annoyed me over the past few years! Both GD and Reese prepare gameplans but neither can make adjustments! The Horns are much better aginst the run this year as opposed to last year! Well I say that if you forget the OU meltdown! I hate to say it but we dont lose on talent, we lose because we get outcoached! NTH

3. Hillbillyhorn

Hillbillyhorn Freshman

Our big problem on offense is that we do NOT run the ball well, and that is why there has been so much griping for a change in blocking scheme(which I'm told we may get). It does play into your defense's strength, because we are primarily a passing team and LSU is #2 in pass defense.

4. NORTHTEXHORN

NORTHTEXHORN Founding Member

Hey Hillbillyhorn, go to Hornsillustrated.com! More on that subject!NTH

5. msully

msully Founding Member

Geaux Tigers

I hope we paly the game that LSU can play GEAUX TIGERS

6. Longhorn24

Longhorn24 Freshman

SoLa,

It would take a foolish person indeed to be comfortable with the fact that LSU has more losses than Texas.

A football person knows that LSU actually matches up pretty well with Texas and plus there will have been over a month for the problems affecting your last five games to have been fixed.

I for one am not going to sit around and make the statement Texas is going to run away with this game.

If you look at raw talent Texas should win handily. But that talent, unfortunately, has to be coached. That is where we may end up being hurt.

I look for a good game and hope we win and I must say I hope we win big.

But if we don't win big and just win I am okay with that. Maybe we start next year with a lesser ranking and improve through they year vs. believing the stories about how we should win it all from the start.