News Hospital released Ebola patient by mistake

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Oct 1, 2014.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I think he could do a little more but in essence you are likely correct.

Could not agree more. I watched the House hearings this AM. The Republican rep from Kentucky wasted her time talking about closing the Mexican borders. There is a time and place, but that wasn't it. A few scolded Frieden for not taking their suggestions months ago. Some are pandering and some are covering up. It really is pathetic.

Good advice.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

His speech just now from the White House was a major improvement over what he said this morning. I'll leave it at that.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Assuming it's from Africa....healthcare workers cleaning up where ebola patients have been. I will point out however, that their protective gear exposes no skin whatsoever. That is better than the nurses in Dallas.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah but what's that giant thing they are looking at?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I can see that you are frustrated. But you are not the only person concerned about this. Steps are being taken by the government, I listed them. But there is no magic wand to make it happen overnight.

Mistakes were made in Dallas. The CDC may very well have encountered a FEMA Katrina moment where the crisis outstripped their effectiveness. Heads may roll. Changes may have to be made. I just think I'm hearing some political scapegoating and it seems a bit early. I've read the hugging comment and in context, I don't see the problem. Panic is also something a President must be concerned with.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm afraid that may be Duncan's apartment in Dallas. It was reportedly absolutely filthy.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

It sucks that many of these positions are filled politically and not necessarily based on qualifications. When the person in charge is incompetent to fill his role the people underneath become unmotivated. From personal experience, it sucks to have an incompetent boss.

red55 likes this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

To me it looks like a mattress and a blanket. Do you see something I don't?
    Tongue in cheek? Filthy is one thing but that living space does not look like it would be the inside of what we saw on the news. A candle on a tin pie plate? Surely Dallas has electricity and they had some.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It was in Liberia

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I sure am. And it's aimed at every level and mostly right now at the administration of Dallas Presby. The absolute lies and cover ups going on are embarrassing at the least and criminal at most. Even the video they put out tonight of nurse Pham before she was discharged....they made sure to say she was a "volunteer" in reference to caring for patient zero. The CDC has been exposed for their processes. They clearly never pursued all the what-ifs or considered basic human behavior which continues to be denial. They needed to sit down and do this.....
    [​IMG]

The politics of this were in effect months ago when the budgets for both the CDC and the NIH were cut. Then it got worse as both sides continued to fight over how much help we should provide to West Africa. Republicans have continued to argue over the borders in Mexico while Democrats have bought into the "it won't happen to us" mantra.

I think over time the head of the CDC may have to be fired. I don't believe it would be helpful right now because we are still in need of educated leadership. For me, this President continually misses the mark (or his advisors do) in how to be, for lack of a better word, "Presidential". He comes across as soft. I don't like it. I get that millions of others think it's just fine.

LSUTiga likes this.