News Hospital released Ebola patient by mistake

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Oct 1, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

OK, I'll buy that.

I think he comes across as "cerebral". He overthinks and is prudent (a good thing) almost to the point of tentative (a cautious, but inefficient thing). His election was a reaction to a President that had been rash and injudicious. There is a delicate balance point to be found, but I prefer to err on the side of prudence rather than of impulse.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

you make it about politics, then blame me about making about politics,thats rich.

Bengal B likes this.
  3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

yes, screw what expert say about it.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Oddly or not, I just saw this photo. the caption of that photo reads:

An Ebola burial team collects the body of a four-year-old girl from a one-room apartment on October 10, 2014 in Monrovia, Liberia.

Here is a link to that photo and many more sad realities in Liberia: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/10/ebola-photos_n_5967682.html?cps=gravity

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

An ebola czar....is that really what we need? I listened closely to the medical gurus last night and none of them thought it was a prudent move. Put that money into training and protecting healthcare workers. Making a single government individual responsible for this is just a bad idea.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How did the drug czar work out?

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

A quick little search and it turns out we sort of already had an ebola czar. Dr. Nicole Lurie. It seems odd that her name has been completely absent from the coverage of this story. "Dr. Nicole Lurie, who arguably should be front and center in planning for and responding to the Ebola outbreak.

After all, it's right there in her job title. She's the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, a position created in the wake of Hurricane Katrina that reports directly to the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Her mission, according to the HHS website, is "to lead the nation in preventing, responding to and recovering from the adverse health effects of public health emergencies."
    http://news.investors.com/ibd-edito...er-nicole-lurie-since-ebola.htm#ixzz3GQ0vpZAi

Dr. Lurie herself explains, "that the responsibilities of her office are “to help our country prepare for, respond to and recover from public health threats.” She says her major priority is to help the country prepare for emergencies and to “have the countermeasures—the medicines or vaccines that people might need to use in a public health emergency. So a large part of my office also is responsible for developing those countermeasures.”

I get so angry when I read about waste and money mismanagement. The Feds are tools.
    http://thefederalist.com/2014/10/14/president-obama-already-has-an-ebola-czar-where-is-she/

8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

She failed and now a lawyer has been appointed Czar.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I was talking to Vball. WTF are you talking to?

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is he going to sue the ebola virus? How about seeking a restraining order?