News Hot & Cold Defense this year...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FirstCoastTiger, Nov 20, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

LSU's defense has struggled 3 times this season, first game against UNC, that one gets thrown out because it was the first game of the season. Other 2, Auburn, and Ole Miss. Both have read option quarterbacks, and run similar styles of offense.

Lets just hope we don't lock up with read option offense in the bowl game and we should get out of this season with only 1 loss.

Defensive line played great, but our linebackers, corners, and safeties played horribly. They were taking poor angles, Karnell Hatcher had his worst game as a Tiger, Ryan Baker had a bad game, as did Francois, and Peterson didn't look great either on running plays.

Like I said, if we get matched up with a team that isn't a read option based offense, then I think we will be ok. If we get matched up with a team like Nebraska and Taylor Martinez is healthy, we could be in for a long day.

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Chavis's defenses seem to have a problem against the spread... was the same at UT.

4. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

speaking of not getting calls. Did anybody else notice that on the Masoli run up the middle for the TD that put them up 36-35 that Ole Miss didn't snap the ball for a full second after the play clock hit 0.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Stat wise MAYBE, you have to look at the fact that LSU held AU to just over 200 at half, which is damn good.

Then LSU on O went 3 and out about 90% of the second half.

Facts are facts and LSU stopped one of the best O's in the nation at their peak more than enough times for a half decent to to take advantage of......

Trust me, if Ark had our D, AU would have not even been within 2 TD's of beating them....

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The spread requires each player on D to play their assignment. With the youth on D and lack of experience we need to expect this vs. spread teams until these guys see their mistakes vs these types of O's..

7. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

To me the pattern of defensive stuggles seems to be if our DTs are quiet. Not much from Nevis and company today or the Auburn game. Regardless, the ebb and flow of each game is unique and as much as I love dominating defensive effort, sometime the offense has to out score the other guys.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes the O didn't pull their weight against AU. However the D gave up more than 400 yards rushing, that's an a$$ whoopin no matter how you spin it.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Like I said, you show me a D that would not give the same amount up with an O who goes 3 and out every drive but 2 in the second half.....

My guess is not a damn one unless you go back to 2003.....

In the end, the D was out gunned and pulled up more breaks then the O could ever dream..

Look at yards if you want, buy anyone who watched the game knows that the break down on D is a direct result of and O who cant even take 45 seconds off a clock on some drives...

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

In the 1st half it was announced the play clock was malfunctioning and time was being kept on the field. I guess once that decision is made it's done for the rest of the game.