House Votes to Change the Way Economic Legislation is Scored

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jan 7, 2015.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I never said it didn't help them. You should know better than to put words in my mouth.

It was for all Americans. Not the black community.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...er-obamacare-but-black-americans-remain-stuck

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  2. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I gave you facts, hoss, the Senate and Governors have much more power than someone from a gerrymandered district that runs every two years. Sure you have minorities elected by people that look like them as long as they have a D by their name. Corrine Brown is a great example, Go Gata! David Duke almost won in the same situation. YOU were the one saying NO African Americans were in the last congress on the Republican side then made the excuse that Tim Scott was appointed - he was appointed after being elected to the House so regardless he was there. I checked my facts and again, there are more minority Senators and Governors in the Republican party than Democrats. Fact.

Winston1 likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Look Dude, you made a statement-- that democrats didn't "do much of anything for minorities" . . . And then you asked a question -- "So Obamacare was for blacks?" I addressed both. Try to keep up.

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

You can slice it and dice it and use smoke and mirrors all you like. I gave you the figures. You can verify them. Unlike you I am able to admit my errors and I've twice, now three times, acknowledged my omission so you can stop referring to it as though you've discovered something new each post. Can you now admit that the Republicans have a serious deficit when it comes to minority representation?

I'm so glad you brought up gerrymandering because those districts were drawn by the Republican party and were done so, in the most egregious way in history, solely to insure that minority votes would be minimized and, boy, were they successful at doing so.
    Are you agreeing that the Republicans were wrong to redraw the districts that way? By the way you referenced those "gerrymandered" districts I couldn't help but think that you didn't approve of it either. David Duke is a Republican brother. As recently as 1992 he was allowed to run for the Republican nomination. Notice I said that David Duke IS a Republican......not used to be, but IS.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

And I was right. Thanks for clarifying.

6. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

declaring your correctness does not make is so and you should know that by now. You love to operate this way: ask a question, when the other person answers it and provides a link or statistics to support their correctness which leads you to ask a completely unrelated question. you've been right about nothing other than in your own imagination.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I haven't seen a single link for you or Red. In fact, I gave Red a link.

And like always, nothing from you two other than your "opinion".

shane0911 likes this.
  8. red55

Nobody is fooled. All you offer are your opinions, too.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Ahh, so we are both full of shit then.

10. red55

I have more style.

LSUpride123 likes this.