Houston Madison's... V. Young

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BigETigerFan, Aug 28, 2001.

1. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

Are you addressing Mr. 5 years ago poster???:hihi:

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah, you mean Saban missed one?? Bet Miles would've landed him. :sob:

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Pshh...what did this Vince Young kid ever do in college? I doubt anything....i guess we didn't miss much.

1 person likes this.
  4. "Hurricane"

:shock: ......a NC?:hihi:

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

NC = Nin-Compoop?

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Holy ****, where do you even find this stuff?

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Ummmm...

8. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I lived in Houston back then and would go watch Vince Young play in HS. He was beyond incredible in HS. No one outside of Texas really knew much about him. His HS team had no defense and his whole game was wanting the ball last so he could score with no time left. Sound familiar? Saban did not like his throwing motion and felt he would be difficult to control with how much he would take off and run when no receivers where open. Mack Brown at Texas recruited the hell out of him. Vince was focused on winning an NC for Texas and winning the Heisman. And of course Mack Brown had to change how he coached. Once he let Vince be Vince he took off and so did Texas.

Does anyone think Saban would have built the Tigers around Vince? I don't think so. I'm not sure Vince and Saban would have worked out. VY makes things happen, he's a winner! I'm so happy to be living in Nashville and get to see Vince play here. I'll be surprised if he does not win several Super Bowls here.

9. freddy

freddy Founding Member

The rumor at the time was Saban would have signed him as a QB and given him a chance to compete for the position, but Saban was strongly encouraging Young to switch to WR. Kinda the same deal with M. Spears, Saban always wanted Spears to play DE but he let him line up at TE his freshman year. Obviously Vince stayed at QB and had an ok career :) , Spears moved to DE his soph. year and turned out ok. Both won National Titles and were drafted in the 1st round of the NFL draft.

Although it would have been interesting to see what Vince could have done here.

1 person likes this.
  10. "Hurricane"

It would have been interesting to have him here, but I honestly prefer a genetic freak with an arm like no one else (JaMarcus). Maybe its because I dont really like running QBs.