Houston Madison's... V. Young

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BigETigerFan, Aug 28, 2001.

1. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

Re: So Hurricane

Do I see signs of converting.....? Are you finally seeing the light.......??:grin: :thumb:

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

USC could take a dump and the media would annoint it the next coming. :cool:

3. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

I forgot about him, I guess I have to start remembering we have a new coordinator. I guess we have more chances with Crowton being our guy.
    BTW, I was just looking at the 2003 NC period and the 2004 recruiting period. Russell was pretty much a big deal back then, him and Lane. And there was a lot of Anti-USC-ism, not to mention the Boomers were classy back then...:hihi:

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I don't know for sure about Mustain either but in all fairness, the situation at Arkansas has to be taken into consideration. It's pretty clear that Nutt brought Malzahn in to get Mustain's commitment. The guy went from a high school coaching job to a 200k+ annual salary OC position and really zero input.

I think it's also fair to consider that the SEC is traditionally not a passing conference (defensive powerhouses) AND Arkansas had McFadden and Jones. Who needs to pass?

Last season, Arkansas was 11th in the conference in Pass Offense with 302 attempts while Kentucky was 1st with 436 (no choice when you're playing catch up). LSU was third with 368.

Conversely, Arkansas was 1st in the conference in rushing with 539 attempts and averaged 228.5 yards per game while #2 LSU had 450 attempts for a 165.8 yard average.

Just looking at the Pac10 which tends to throw more than run, the worst team for Pass Offense last year was Stanford with 316 attempts and 1st was USC with 447.

If you're Mustain, you want to throw, McFadden is a likely Heisman winner, your old high school coach got the shaft, and your high school teammate and favorite receiver just transferred to USC, what would you do?

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

No conversion..........but I like you Hurricane. You're nice to a Cali Girl. :hihi:

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Some of us bust your chops (that "taking a dump" comment wasn't meant to be an insult, just crass). I know you've had some less than pleasant dialogue with a poster or two. I appreciate your presence and didn't mean to come off as too ornery. :D

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

A little chop busting is not only to be expected but taken well on my end.:thumb:

Ornery is okay too. I work well with ornery. Perhaps the conversion isn't on my side. :hihi:

1 person likes this.