Houston vs. LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger4Ever, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Tiger4Ever

Tiger4Ever Freshman

I am expecting a very good outing by the Tigers this weekend. I look for atleast 2 out of 3 but I also think a sweep is very possible. Every good team has to be motivated at some point or points in a season, and I think the first, and hopefully last, means of motivation came against Kansas last weekend. Don't be surprised to see the Tigers go on a tear starting this weekend. What are all of your thoughts on this series? I think this is going to be one of the best home series of the year. See you all at the Box!

2. Hope that you are right. Saw the comments in the Advocate today where someone said they saw the Kansas series as a reality check that showed they have to take everything as a post-season type game - almost do or die. If that's the case and the guys get motivated, this team could definitely do some damage. I think the two biggest things last weekend were the weather/illnesses on the team and the pitchers losing their velocity. Hopefully the weather will be better and the pitching issue has been addressed and solved.

3. JDog

JDog Freshman

I'm still a bit concerned

I'm not so sure, just yet. Yeah, that Kansas series could wake the guys up, but is that the problem? They didn't seem to be "awake" on Tuesday against ULM. This team is in desperate need of hitting. From what I've seen, guys 5-9 in the lineup will be hard pressed to hit .250.. And this vaunted pitching staff hasn't shut anyone down yet (except Centenary). And will Bo Petit ever pitch again? Much less reach the expectations given him?

But here's hoping I'm wrong. It would be really nice for them to flip the switch this early, rather than wait like last year. Besides, I went to Omaha last year for the first time and I'm jonesing to go back this year WITH the tigahs!!