How about the "New Facilities"?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TNT, Jul 18, 2003.

1. TNT

TNT Founding Member

:cool: I read where LSU will definitely begin a New Football Complex....and the U-High Facility will be moved into the baseball area, thereby consolidating their outdoor athletic complex into one area.

Seems like Saban's "Parting Shot" put a flame to somebody rear end and I LIKE IT! What about you?

The SEC will now see our Tigers emerge DOMINANT...as Saban expressed. Our adversaries will look up...and guess what? They'll be staring right at the Biggest Tiger Scrotum they ever did see. UH HUH;) :D :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :D ;)

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What the hell are you babbling about? Your post consists of four disjointed thoughts, most of which make no freaking sense at all.

3. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Uhm... yeah. :dis:

4. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Yep....

5. The Big Bengal

The Big Bengal Founding Member

Come on, guys. Lay off TNT. That is an EXTREMELY coherent post. Very easy to follow.

I can't wait for the new facility improvements. I was looking at my Tiger Stadium replica today (when shopping for season tickets to see exactly where they would put me) and dreaming about the future when both upper decks would be extended around the end-zones. It looks to me like that will add between 25,000 and30,000 more seats. That gives us at LEAST 115,000 seats. Michigan currently has the biggest stadium with approximately 110,000 seats, so that'd put us at NUMBER ONE! :) (of course this is assuming that nobody else increases their stadium capacity more than that in the meantime)

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Is the addition to Tiger Stadium fact, or purely your speculation??

Naturally, looking at the stadium, you can honestly see where there is room for expansion--and with our fan base, no matter how many more seats you add, fans will fill them.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Don't count on seeing upper decks on the end zones in Tiger stadium. There is no space to build them on the North End Zone anyway. It would block a street and impinge on the PMAC. Plus, not many folks are willing to sit up that high for an end-zone view. We have big sections of no-shows in the end zones now, except for a few big games.

I hate to agree with Joe Dean, but he was right when he said that further expansion of Tiger Stadium was impractical. The solution would involve building a new stadium out on RIver Road. The older parts of Tiger Stadium are approaching 80 years old. In about 20 years, you can expect to see a newer, bigger Tiger Stadium being constructed.
    :lsug:

8. The Big Bengal

The end-zone upper deck expansions are planned, but they're not going to happen anytime soon. I imagine it'll be at least a decade before we see them seriously discussed.

Of course, if we win a few MNCs in the next 4-5 years, those plans could be bumped up. :)

9. The Big Bengal

The road between the stadium and the PMAC is going to be closed soon, anyway. They're going to put Mike's new environment and a "sports plaza" in that area. Go look at MikeTheTiger.com to see the plans.

10. tigerbait28

tigerbait28 Founding Member

has anybody bought a brick?
    just curious
    anybody know how many bricks have been sold?