How About This, Miles as AD, Alleva OUT???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TCUTiger, Nov 25, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think he could get a power 5 job, just not a top football university. Somewhere like Illinois, Maryland, Minnesotta, I bet Mizzou would hire him. They like longevity and don't expect to be top 5 at the end of the season every season.

Here's the thing. LSU doesn't expect national championships every year, but they do expect to be in the top 5 in football or even top 10 at times, every year. I understand that's a hard job, but that's the job. Les was given enough time to redeem January 2012 and he hasn't done it yet, and in fact it's been a down hill slide since, with top 5 recruiting classes every year and the same problem that's always plagued him. Quarterback play. In a sense, Les put his money on Jordan Jefferson, Zach Mettenberger (which put a band aid on the wound no doubt) Anthony Jennings and Brandon Harris. Asked them all to be someone they aren't other than Zach, and asked them to do their jobs handcuffed. That's not who they are and it's a failing recipe.

Now I wish Les would just fall on his sword and accept it, and ride off a legend in LSU lore like Cholly Mac is. But that's probably not gonna happen unfortunately, he will be asked to leave and it will be a bitter thing, but I wish him nothing but the best, I hope he wins every other non detrimental to LSU game he coaches for the rest of his life, and I hope he lands somewhere he can be happy. Unless he does something that fucks LSU over on his way out Of course.

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I think most of the LSU faithful would just be happy with being in the NC conversation come mid-late November rather than early September; Saban and Bama be damned.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Miles is going to be at USC, either East or West. I put my money on East.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Are you awake yet? Nightmares can be scary

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

If there are no hiccups on what is planned to happen at this moment then Alleva has gone from chump to AD of the year. Maybe I shouldn't go that far but very impressive.

ParadiseiNC and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. TwistedTiger

Yes, it's the if that is worrisome. You know how quickly these things can come together or fall apart.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Looking very strong right now but if falls through then he put his neck out far enough to get fired.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. TwistedTiger

Agreed on the neck part and your word is golden on the other, just hope it happens.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I didn't say he couldn't get a power 5 job. The question is would he want one. In the 11 years he has been here and with his buyout Les will have been paid something like 45 or 50 million dollars. If he has invested wisely his net worth by now could be approaching $100 million, give or take a few million. He is 62. He already knows the headaches that come with high profile coaching as well as the rewards. If he wants to coach it won't be because he needs a job. It wouldn't surprise me at all if in a couple of years he is the coach at an FCS school or even a high school.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There is always the chance that Jimmy Sexton is using this to extort a raise from FSU for Jimbo. If Jimbo falls through Alleva better have a 'Tom Herman or better lined up for sure.

lsu-i-like likes this.