How come "Duke played BAD"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

And not LSU played a hellva game.

I am so sick and ****ing tired of hearing that it was Duke that played a bad game. Its not the fact that LSU was the better team. It was the "BETTER" team played bad.

****ing media bais crap.

You know we all outta get enough money together and BUY ESPN and all own it. Then it could be LSU 24/7.

2. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I agree, but in fairness, to the average basketball fan, it did look like Duke played bad. To those of us who know better, Duke was forced to look bad. I thought for us to win, we had to make it an ugly game in general basketball terms. Tough defense, rebounding, and let our athletic ability be the difference in the game. The thing about Duke is, Coach K consistently recruits great basketball players, not necessarily great athletes. (I think that's why they didn't really clamp down with the full court pressure, they just don't have the athletes to do it for 40 minutes) Those great basketball players generally win as long as they can play a fluid "basketball" game. But, if great athletes can get in their face, out work them, out hustle them, and turn it into an athletic competetion, a team of great basketball players will have a very difficult time responding.

I don't know if that will make much sense to anybody else, but that's my take on it. Go check out CNNSI.com, they have a lot better coverage than ESPN. Seth Davis has some pretty good comments in the first link.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/seth_davis/03/24/thursday.qanda/index.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...caa_tourney/2006/03/23/duke.lsu.ap/index.html

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

It's not so much what they say, but what they know. Those SOB's "know" that LSU stomped that a$$. That's all that really matters. Bring on Texass.

4. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

who cares what they say. as long as texas "plays bad" and whatever team after that "plays bad" we'll be alright

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Indeed, Duke played badly on offense. But there is always a reason for that. An opponent with a stout defense is the usual reason.

But Duke's defense was pretty good, too.

6. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

I know how you feel, Katt. It does piss you off to no end...knowing that our awesome defense was the key to that game! Brady prepared the guys for it and they took it to the next level. I like your idea about ESPN...that would be totally worth the money. And SaltyOne, I like the way you think!

Bottom line is, they have to eat crow and it doesn't taste so good!

7. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

We played "Bad" against aTm. We still won. It's not how you play the game... it's whether you win or lose... :hihi:

Ah, the chance to whip aTm and the horny guys in one season. What more could a Texas Tiger ask for? :thumb:

8. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

It's all about the D...if you play good on defense you make offenses look bad. No worries...Our basketball defense can beat USC's football offense. Bring it... :hihi:

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Both teams really played bad. LSU just played much better D. They were more athletic. The only really impressive thing in the game was Temple D on JJ. Other than that it was really a lousy game to watch. It wasnt very exciting and on the offensive end it stunk. Whats amazing is that Duke shot 20 something percent from the field and was still in it with a minute to go.

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

That pretty much sums up your basketball knowledge. There is a reason why the offenses "stunk"...

Let me guess, you're picking Texas to beat us...