How come we never tried Russel Sheppard as QB?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vesperiaLSU, Oct 23, 2010.

1. vesperiaLSU

vesperiaLSU Veteran Member

1, we don't need him to be another CN, D. Robinson could be his model.
    2, Is he disable or something? How could a high school 5 STAR QB has trouble remembering the play calls? Plus, Reading defense can be trained.
    3, Have you ever heard what you said? Don't tell me you think playing JJ has given us multiple dimensional because he CAN'T pass and NOT GOOD at running either.
    4, I see RS as a smarter kid that JJ, also just IMO.

2. vesperiaLSU

That's very funny! I bet I can't handle that kind of rotation either. :yelwink2:

RS's tripping and butterfingers just show us that he hasn't got used to his new position yet. As a WR, his body is not strong enough to hold the CB behind him. In addition, he doesn't jump very high. Les is just being stubborn and arbitrary on changing RS's position. The fact that RS doesn't say anything on it doesn't mean he has no complaint inside. Also IMO, RS's case has kept other talented high school QBs from committing to us because they worry about their position being changed when come to LSU.

3. WoodlandsTiger

WoodlandsTiger Founding Member

I agree, I wish RS wouldn't have been so cordial and went to them about the change. I'm not an insider so I have no ideas, but knowing RS is a competitor, Les giving him the opportunity and RS staying and asking to change positions - I'm guessing RS realized it was probably his best interest to change. It's the only logical answer.

Not sure if it is keeping kids from LSU, but what might keep them from here is an offense that has no identity.. That is the problem - does a runner/passer wanna come here or does a pro set qb wanna come here? We need to figure it out quick or we will keep them all away.

4. WoodlandsTiger

WoodlandsTiger Founding Member

oops, sorry Vesp - apparently, I only read some of your take. I hear ya about RS but I'm not sure he is that much of a nice guy about changing positions. In all reality, I think the best thing for him is what they are doing. If he isn't head and shoulders above JJ and JL then he definitely should be playing receiver.

5. vesperiaLSU

You might be right. With a coach like Les Miles, I bet he wouldn't have found himself playing on the field before JJ and JL both graduate if he sticks with QB position.

I just feel so bad for RS and our team that we recruited him as a talented QB but Miles turns out just want to prove RS can play WR.:rolleye33:

1 person likes this.
  6. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Are you serious? It was a terrible throw. It should have been a cakewalk into the end zone, instead the receiver had to come back for it and barely caught it over the defender. That throw had no chance if the defense hadn't been so dumbfounded by it.