How did everyone do on their hoops pics

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Apr 6, 2004.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Sabenfan said he picked every game right. He said he knew all the upsets and won his pool by a land slide. Way to go lier.

2. philter

philter Founding Member

I had GT, Uconn, Pitt, and Duke in my final 4, with Uconn winning it all. It's the best I've done in years, but the games leading up to the final four were not so great :eek:

3. Speagle23

Speagle23 Founding Member

I am from Pittsburgh and I think that all the people that put money on pitt was way off. Pitt has never made it past the "Sweet 16". I love pitt but I think that they need to work a lot harder! Uconn is good this year. Congrads

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I had GTech, Okie St and Duke correct in the final 4. I worried that Okefor's back would not hold up in the tourney so I went against them in their end of the bracket.

I was first in my $ 250 pool at that point, but had Okie St and Duke to make it to the finals, and both teams should have won, no doubt. They both gave their games away rather than the other team winning it. Saturday was a bad day for me. Needless to say I didn't win the pool. I had Okie St beating Duke as well.

Maybe someone can explain what the hell Tony Allen was doing in that game against GTech (point shaving?.....j/k). Also, I have never seen a Coach K Duke team fall apart like they did in the final 5 minutes of the game.

My great pics were the Pacific over Providence and Alabama over Stanford as well as Nevada over Michigan St. upsets. My best cinderella pick was Xavier making it to the Elite 8. And of course GTech making it to the final four.

I had 46-17 for the entire tourney. I was 46-14 before that horrific final four saturday, which is a 76.7% percentage.

5. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

In a big money pool, I had all four of the final four teams. GT, OSU, DUKE and CONN. However, I had Duke beating OSU in the Championship game. All I needed was Duke to beat Connecticut in the semi-final game to win the pool. I thought the money was in the bank with Duke up by 8 with less than 3 minutes to go. Then Duke decided to go into the offensive version of the prevent defense in football. Needless to say, I finished 5th and got my money back.

6. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

I didn't even fill out a bracket this year.