How did I miss this? - Marcus Randall

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SanAntonioTiger, Aug 10, 2006.

1. SanAntonioTiger

SanAntonioTiger Founding Member

Marcus Randall came to Tennessee as an undrafted quarterback from LSU, but the Titans quickly moved to take advantage of his athleticism by shifting him to safety. Randall spent the first 13 games of last year on the Titans practice squad, learning the ins and outs of defense. He finally got a chance late in the year and made an impact on special teams with four tackles in three games. This offseason, the Titans decided Randall would be better off changing positions again, moving him to outside linebacker, where again he faces a serious learning curve and an uphill battle to hold on to his roster spot. The move to linebacker stemmed from Randall’s size. He played last season around 220 pounds, a tough weight for him to maintain, according to coaches. Now, he is around 230, with plenty of speed to play linebacker.

2. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

nice post.....I remember him changing over and playing in the secondary but that was about the last i had heard anything about him. The guy is an good athelete and i would love to see him have some success at linebacker

3. edyel

edyel edyel

I just read that today. Geez I hope he makes it wherever they put him,that guy has a lot of heart. It sounds like the coaches really like his attitude and that is helping him to be looked at to play somewhere on the team.

4. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

who would've thrown the bluegrass miracle then? MR did what many people dream of doing QBing da LSU Tigers.

5. saz_1

saz_1 Founding Member

Nick Saban wanted Vince Young to play WR. Coach doesnt always know whats best.

6. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Just what I was about to say.....glad I read your post first. Let's wait for Young to throw an NFL pass before we crown him Warren Moon. He's not going to be able to run for 3 TD's a night in the NFL. A QB has to throw at some point and I'm not talking against Baylor.

I'd take what a guy like Saban says pretty strongly.

And Randall should have been a safety to start with.

7. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Anybody with an arm to throw it 45 yards.......Henderson did the hard work....he caught a pass tipped twice.

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Marcus Randall could play for my football team any day. Maybe not at QB, but you couldn't ask for more heart or a better attitude to go along with a pretty damn good athlete. I'd find a spot for him because believe it or not, there is not enough quality people that are great athletes in the world.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

While I mostly agree with this statement, it's irrelevant. The guys accomplishments in college speak for themselves. No way you can say that the wrong decision was made. Now, I definitely think that he'd make a better WR than QB in the NFL. And you know that Saban has always been extremely NFL-oriented. It's certainly not unheard of for guys to make that switch. What makes a great college QB and what makes a great NFL QB are often very different things. That's what I was trying to explain to clair in the other thread.

At any rate, I'm very happy for Marcus. I was actually thinking about him yesterday, wondering if he was still playing DB for the Titans. He is a great pure athlete and a heck of a guy. I wish him all the best.

He gave us the Bluegrass Miracle and the amazing comeback at the Schwamp.

10. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

i dont think young will always be a qb....I think he would make a better wr to be honest.