How did I miss this? - Marcus Randall

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SanAntonioTiger, Aug 10, 2006.

1. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

Irregardless, his QB play is what got him drafted #3 overall and a NC. If that don't work he could always opt the Matt Jones route and start from scratch at WR, while still getting paid big time money. That NC and the draft status was worth the risk of playing QB, unless of course you think he could've did the same thing as a WR.

2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

That's a bit cavalier. You may be right, but VY is an amazing athlete, and if anyone can transform the position, it may be Vince. His passing is better than some give him credit for, check his passing stats. 6' 5", only 4.6 in the 40, but I bet if you timed him in the 60, nobody catches him from 20 to 60 yards. After he sets sail, he's good for a lot of yards. Those were not scrubs chasing him for USC. He has great vision on the field, can fake people out, not many QB's can do that.

I will watch with interest on his career. In Houston, we've heard Chow nor Fisher would have taken him #3, but Butt Adams called the shot to ram it down Houston Texans throat twice a year, cause all the Longhorn faithful wanted Vince as a Texan so they could go see him. Kubiac called his shot and drafted M. Williams at DE.

I'm pulling for Vince. He was so fun to watch in college against Ohio St., Okla. and USC.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Back to Marcus Randall, he was horribly misused while at LSU (primarily because at that time, we just didn't have enough QB's on the roster). He would've had a better career at LSU if he'd have played a different position. It was a shame that such a great athlete was so often not on the field.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I wouldn't quit your day job.

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

He may not have one. We have no way of knowing now do we?

Still your advice was good. :thumb:

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Yes, that is a shame that Young didn't come to LSU and move to WR, man he would probably have signed a $100 million dollar contract instead of that paltry $58 Million. Bet Vince is pissed off about that.

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Somebody should put together a DVD of all the outstanding plays in LSU history such as "The Run" by Billy Cannon. Certainly the Bluegrass Miracle would have to be included.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I dunno according to black jack his granny could have thrown the ball for LSU all those times MR was back there. :shock: :dis: :nope:

9. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Yeah, because Marshall Faulk would have been better at saftey...

Too bad LSU wouldn't have let him play RB (he's from New Orleans)... San Diego State was the only place, decent enough to play for, where Faulk was allowed to remain at RB.

So, that's not always the case.

10. HittinZX2

HittinZX2 Living to die laughing

I was watching the Saints-Tenn game tonight but I didn't notice if he was in the game or not. Does anyone by chance know if he got any pt tonight?