How did I miss this? - Marcus Randall

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SanAntonioTiger, Aug 10, 2006.

1. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

he was in there. he almost picked one off. he's a beast.

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

He is playing weakside LB. Wearing #48. He dropped a possible INT, and was in on a few tackles. He played mostly witht the second team in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs.

Right before Mauck went into the game they were talking about how he was a lock for the 3rd QB spot. They cut to the sideline to get a shot of Mauck and Randall was in the picture with his helmet off. He looked huge compared to his LSU days.

Don't know if he will make it or not, but you gotta love a guy that will do whatever is asked of him just for a shot to play the game.

I mean imagine if your coach came to you and said, "Ok, I need you to gain 25 lbs, not lose any speed, and get ready to take some punishment from the vets while you figure it out."

Most guys would freak out and try to get on somewhere else or just quit.

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

yeah he was in there last night....it looked weird....him being a linebacker that is.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

linebacker.

what's frustrating to you may not actually be frustrating to anyone else.
    Considering the options, he did allright. If the past frustrates you alot, see your Dr. seriously.

Are you an LSU history expert? You should consider getting your tenure.

Yes he is a good guy.

5. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

You have to admit that Marcus Randall was garbage as a QB. I'm not here to bash any LSU players because I love LSU sports. The kid was very talented, just not at the QB position. If he would have switched to Linebacker at LSU, he would be starting in the NFL right now.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bullchit. I'll admit nothing of the sort and I won't let that comment pass without strong disagreement. :angry:

Garbage? And then you proclaim you aren't here to bash any LSU players? Randall did his best and he was the best we had at the time. LSU suffered no losing seasons under Randall and he made the most memorable play since Billy Cannon's run. :angryfire

I can't think of a single LSU player I would call garbage. Garbage fans we have plenty of. :cuss:

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Randall was a very good quarterback.. just misused... imagine if he was playing for a coach who actually believes that the qb should run the ball... Saban said many times that he did not believe in the running qb... Had Randall played for a team that runs a Utah, WVU, or Florida style offense, he would have excelled...

8. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Randall might have been a decent quarterback if all he did was run. But once he threw the ball, it was over. I don't care what you say, take the glasses off because Marcus Randall was not anywhere near a decent quarterback. You can call me what you want but I call it like it is. RANDALL WAS GARBAGE.

And about the most exciting play since Billy Cannon's run, are you serious about that. All Randall did was throw the damn ball up in the air, hell I could have done that. If you gotta beat a piss poor Kentucky team the way we did, that right there should tell you Randall wasn't worth a **** at QB.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

off topic: I used to live in Crowley, went to elementary there. all this talk of garbage makes me think...I Don't remember it being so trashy back then....

thanks for taking out the trash RED. :thumb:

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That's right.

Sure, pal. You could have won the friggin' Heisman. But there you sit in Crowley with an ugly-ass truck while Randall is playing in the NFL. :lol: