How did I miss this? - Marcus Randall

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SanAntonioTiger, Aug 10, 2006.

1. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

I'm not quite sure if I could have won the Heisman, but I could probably throw the ball better than Marcus Randall. He was such a good QB, I guess that's why switched his ass to defense in a hurry. The guy flat out just could not throw the ball, all his passes nose dived and made it hard to catch, especially when it was never near the receiver. GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE.

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I wouldn't get into position switches. A lot of players switch positions to get to the NFL. Randall was good enough to be our quaterback in NCAA, but him switching to Safety for the NFL can't be used against him in college....

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

:dis:

I will never be able to understand why there is such a stigma from some people against criticizing college football players. If a player plays like chit, people should be able to comment on it without receiving extreme heat.

And I agree, Marcus Randall was garbage at the QB position. It's a shame Jamarcus couldn't get his head on straight in 2004 and get serious about playbook study and practice work.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That ain't the way the world works, kid. When you make an inflammatory remark, you are subject to retorts, criticism, and scorn.

He wasn't criticizing Randall's play--Hell, I've criticised Randall's play. He made personally disparaging remarks about Randall. I don't think that is called for on TigerForums. In fact, if you read your User Agreement you'll find this rule:
    If Scotty had been a newbie I would have deleted his post. But he's an old-timer so I treated him the old-fashioned way . . . like a jerk.

5. LSUDeek

He said "Randall was garbage at the QB position", old timer.

That isn't a personally disparaging remark, it's comments on his play at the QB position. Yunno, criticizing his play?

I'd like to say I'm surprised at your reading comprehension issues, but I'm just.... not.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Is garbage a football term to you? I know what it means to me.

7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

not to get too far off subject but that is a great picture on your avatar Deek. cute as a button, but I love kids....

garbage is just the wrong word to use regardless of his performance, which was as good as the QB he shared duties with.

I suppose you'd take offense if I said your avatar was garbage, of course it isn't just like Randall wasn't. I guess Randall has a Dad/Mom somewhere. even if you meant his "play" it just is wrong to say that. You see the point? it's opinion based.

A little tact goes a long way. I don't think Red meant he was the "greatest" but the boy was far from "garbage", they woulodn't have suited him up if he was. sucks to be wrong but you are.

8. LSUDeek

You are damn right about that. JR was nothing short of .... "garbage"? :hihi:at the QB position in 2004 as well... Which is why the guy who did the work got the job.

I meant his play was garbage, and I thought "garbage at the QB position" did a good enough job of explaining it. I certainly did not mean he is trash as a person.

9. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

I know for a fact that Marcus Randall is a great guy, but I will state the truth, he is NOT a good quarterback. I'm sorry if you guys took my post the wrong way. When I stated he was garbage at the quarterback position, I meant he was not good playing quarterback. Some of you might think different, but in my opinion, quarterback was not his position.

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

2004 Stats:
    100/162
    63% completions - 12+ yards per completion
    9 TD 6 Int

Not the best ever but not garbage in my book. And there's no way in hell Scotty can throw better than Randall.