How did I miss this? - Marcus Randall

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SanAntonioTiger, Aug 10, 2006.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I think that Matt Jones would make a better WR than QB.

2. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

How in the hell do you know? Don't judge me just cause you can't throw a damn football. My little sister would give Randall a run for his money.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

On this we can agree. When Randall made that long run in the Cotton Bowl, I realized that he might have been a star running back if we weren't so deep there. But we were thin at QB and he was willing to play. We would have been in a pickle without him, when Mauck got hurt.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I am glad there are posters Like Mike here. they take time to actually look up a stat or two to shed light upon the subject.

This really says it all.

if scotty was as good as Randall or Jamarcus what in the world is he doing? suit that boy up! :)

It must also run in the family. The scouts must be overlooking something here.

thanks again Mike. :thumb:

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I'm just saying the odds of some random dude on the internet having a better arm than someone that started at quarterback for a major university aren't too good. Surely you can see my point.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Randall sure threw it pretty far for the Bluegrass Miracle.

7. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

Just so you guys know, Randall is listed as the 2nd string LOLB behind David Thornton right now. I think he's got an excellent shot at making the regular squad this season.

8. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I have never been a spelling or grammar nazi, but this just gets to me.

irregardless

SYLLABICATION: ir·re·gard·less
    PRONUNCIATION: r-gärdls
    ADVERB: Nonstandard Regardless.
    ETYMOLOGY: Probably blend of irrespective and regardless.
    USAGE NOTE: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir– prefix and –less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.