How did people get Sugar Bowl tickets?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU, Nov 25, 2003.

1. LSU

LSU Founding Member

Go to any ticket site on the web and they've already got tickets. Go to ebay.com and you can get Sugar Bowl tickets. Try to buy from the Sugar Bowl or Ticketmaster and you get nothing now. How did these ticket "brokers" (scalpers) get their tickets? It seems that the Sugar Bowl must sell the tickets to the professional scalpers. And since they know the "brokers" are going to sell them above face value, isn't the Sugar Bowl administration de facto scalpers?

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

The general sale went early this year. I bought tickets to last years Sugar Bowl and I had options to buy tickets for the next year but I decided against it.

3. LSU

LSU Founding Member

Oh. Stupid me.

I bought tickets to the Sugar Bowl two years ago. I didn't get any information about buying tickets for last year's game, however.

4. BayouBengal

When I pruchased the tickets via Ticketmaster there was an option for a (2 year package) and a couple of other packages where you pruchase multiple years worth of tickets.

5. LSU

LSU Founding Member

Hmmmm. Maybe I was offered that option and have forgotten about it.

Is anyone else out there slyly planning to buy tickets like we did in 2001? Those tickets went fast! Oops, don't want anyone to be "in" on when to get them. But will that time we're able to get tickets be the same as in 2001? Or have they already sold out?

6. BayouBengal

Well each school will get an alotment. Season ticket holders order for all postseason games was due this afternoon. As far as a student alotment, I would hope they would do a lottery instead of the mad dash to get in line. I was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time to get in line for the Sugar Towl tix a couple years ago.