Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallastigers, Apr 11, 2003.
We did not get it here.
go to LSUsports.net for storyline and stats.
1. randall sucks. I don't care that he went 16-34 -250-2. he would have been like 5-34 if our recievers weren't so good. I think donnie jones can kick the ball and make it spiral better then randall can. still does the same ole crap of over throwing recievers. Also its like he picks a reciever to throw to before the snap and no matter he is throwing it there. countless times the back or slot reciever was open underneith but only twice he actually dumped it and that was the same play twice in a row. he played much worse then his stats show.
2. mauck looked good in his decision making, but needs to work on leading the reciever more. he is much better then randall imo. also you can tell he has a hard time pushing off which I think will get better. His first pass was a result of this and ended up get int. He still does a good job of getting away from the rush. Our best qb by far imo.
3. o-line is damn good. gave qb time and opened some holes for the ball carriers. I think this will be our strong point. best one I can think of except maybe faneca's junior year.
4. recievers are awesome. Henderson and Clayton will be superstars if we can get them the ball. Green will be very good on screens. another strength.
5. Aidia runs very well. Has speed and strength. I think he could rush for over 1000 next season but I doubt he will because he will prolly plit time with Carey. Carey surprised me he has a lot more power then a thought. both of them are head and shoulders above everybody else imo.
6. On defense Prude, Vaughn, Spears and Lavilas or however you spell it I thought had good games. Chad and Marcus put pressure on the qb all game. Prude can flat out cover which is something we really need. Vaughn made some nice plays but needs to be more consistent. Kyle Washington and Alexander had nice games. Jask Hunt played ok. Does anybody else notice that he turns his back to the pile sometimes when he goes to make a tackle.
7. Richard didn't play and better then Clausen imo. Still has work too do. I would have liked to have seen more of Micheal Harrison.
overall I think our offense will be really special if Mauck can become consistent at Qb. The incoming freshman must be drooling thinking about getting early pt.
On defense I think we will ba solid and could be really good if some LB's step up.
Thats all I can think of right now. What was everybody else's opinion.
Thanks for the report tiger.
i was really keeping an eye on the kicking situation since my cousin was out there; both struggled. Andre was 1 for 2 and missed a field goal way left and Gaudet was 0-1 and hit the upright on a short field goal on the left hash. the kickoffs the second half looked real nice, PAT's were fine, and Gaudet's 1st onside attempt was excellent but he duffed the 2nd one. the punting situation looks awesome, Donnie and Cockrell were kicking some bombs, Cockrell had one go off the side of his foot but it was still to the 15 yd line
there's your special teams report.
andre looked the best to me. he looked like he had a better leg and looked more accurate.
which is your cousin?
Hurting at quarterback. If anything happens that Matt Mauck can't start, the tigers are in a heap of trouble again. Let's hope one of the true freshman can come in and contribute early. Jereyl Myers showed the talent of LSU's recievers in the senior bowl in Hawaii, where he dominated. He was about the fourth best reciever on the tigers team lst year. How good would the Tigers have been last year if they would have had a div. 1 quarterback? There are at least three on the roster who need to transfer. All other positions will be rock solid by the end of fall. Coach Saban not only has recruited great talent but he knows how and where to utilize it best. Joe Addai is going to be great. Again if we have a quarterback who can utilize his recieving ability. Wide reciever is the best it has ever been at LSU. The offensive line has a second team that could rival any of the best we have had in the last 20 years. The defensive line is 2 deep at every position. Ronnie Prude and Keron Gordon are stars in the making. Coach Saban will be smiling big time by the end o fall practice with the talent he will have on hand with the incoming freshman.
Thanks to all. I was a little surprised to see Lester only threw 2 passes. Up until the last scrimmage last Saturday he had been doing well. He seems to have cooled off.
after watching the game again last night i came away with these conclusions:
1. I was a little hard on Randall. He can throw two passes well the out and the slant. Still not a D-1 qb. Would be much better off moving to WR were he would have a chance to go to the next level.
2. Our receivers and oline are going to be awesome. D-line and Rb will be very good also. Oline and Wr are best in the sec maybe nation.
3. Like ricky said Prude and Gordon are going to be damn good.
4. I would rate the Rb like this: Addia, Carey, Vincent, And Spodoni.
5. Richard needs to move to wr and get some pt somewheres. Him and Randall might not be d1 qb's this year, but both could contribute somewheres either at Db or Wr. Both are amazing athletes and need to be on the field.