How did this baseball program fall this quickly?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, May 2, 2018.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It means we should be the best. Now I have to go do some research because you have the audacity to question me. Maybe Maineri really is killing it.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Naw. It's tiga.

lsu-i-like and furduknfish like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Tiga made us choke at the end of a ball game. What about the heathen poster who denied the baseball gods nearer the start of the season, surely she holds some of the blame.

Maineri, on the other hand, is lording over college baseball.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Good point. All this time we have been focused on Judas but never gave thought that he might have a sister.

I think you are on to something

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

She hasn't posted her heresy for a while. The exorcism must have worked We need a much stronger gris gris to vanquish the King of KOD.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

People don't want to hear this, but Bertman's run at LSU is just like Wooden's run at UCLA. Much easier to do than it is now and will never happen again.

CPM needs to be compared to his contemporaries and if you do that, he's absolutely up there with anybody.

Chipeace, KyleK, cul2969 and 4 others like this.
  7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

188 in 70 games, which will obviously never be broken. They also had 77 consecutive games with at least one HR, but that spanned multiple years. From June 8th, 1996 to Feb. 21st, 1998.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Even though he mashed 40 dingers Brandon Larson was not the home run leader. Lance Berkman of Rice had 41.

fanatic likes this.
  9. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

Exactly, yet LSU fans won't hold him to same standards as football coaching.

MLB draft didn't hurt Bertman. Bertman had to use scholarships same as Mineri.

LSU baseball should win titles, but LSU admins and fans are cool with a CWS appearance every few years instead of a title every 4-6 years like we should win. WE ARE LSU, THE KINGS OF CB

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So what you are saying is all we have to do is go out and hire the next legendary coach. UCLA has won one title since John Wooden retired. Notre Dame has had several legendary coaches. Knute Rockne but that wasn't even football as we know it today. Frank Leahy won 4 nattys in the 40's. Ara Parseghian won 2 in 1966 and 1972. Non legendary Lou Holtz won their last one in 1988. And there is Alabama with Bear Bryant and Nick Saban. College baseballhas exactly 3 coaches who have dominated the sport. Ron Dedeaux of USC won 11. Augie Garrido of Texas won 6 over 4 decades and Skip Bertman won 5 in 9 seasons. CPM is not a legend but despite the criticism I sometimes have for him he is still one of the top college baseball coaches today. Who would you replace him with? Legends don't grow on trees.

ParadiseiNC, Pjoe and ehusson80 like this.