How different would a Jamarcus Russell and Gary Crowton led offense have been?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TenTexLA, Sep 27, 2007.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Depends... JaMarcus with this group of receivers? Or JaMarcus with last year's group of WRs?

JR made the right decision because besides Doucet this WR corp is very young & inexperienced. We'd have more of a vertical attack with JR here, but we'd still rely more on our running game due to our young receivers this year.

Now, JaMarcus with Bowe, Buster, and Early - and Crowton as OC? I think we would've averaged about 10 points a game more than last year & probably 100+ more yards a game.

2. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I was thinking Crowton being here the past two years. I agree, at least 10 points more and a better running game because of a better mix of play calling.

3. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

While I don't disagree with you I think a pro style QB could still function in Crowtons offense. IMO I don't think it would matter he can make either successful.

Next season will be very interesting with RP on the field for every snap.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree. I don't think JR is a spread offense guy. I'm not saying he wouldn't have been effective running it though. I equate it to Chris Leak. He wasn't a spread offense guy, but he won a National Championship with it.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Our offensive line is playing better than it did at this point last season. That is making a difference, especially in running the ball.

6. tigger1

tigger1 Founding Member

A Florida fan posted this on Rivals the other day:

He said with Cowton the last two years LSU would have won the national championship and I don't disagree.

Jimbo had the talent to score 50 a game and played them like a volkswagen.

1 person likes this.
  7. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Jimbo had about the same results when Flynn led us in the Peach Bowl victory vs Miami. Flynn made enough plays to keep the defense off the field.
    Some feel that Miami was over rated just as some are saying that our first four opponents this year are over rated.