How do they keep pickin Notre Dame

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Oct 23, 2002.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I keep watching all of the sporting shows and somebody always picks Notre Dame and sometimes both or all pick Notre Dame and I do not know how anybody who is suppose to follow College Football can pick Notre Dame over FSU.

CAN WE SPELL UPSET

2. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

ND is a big time college football program. Always has been, and always will be. I don't like ND, but I know they are undefeated and have one of the hardest schedules this year. Now, don't take that as the SEC schedule is week. But according to the standards that make up the BCS strength of schedule ratio, ND has one of the hardest, if not the hardest schedule.

FSU is also a big time college program, although with much less history. They lost 4 games last year, and have already played themselves out of the BCS title hunt. FSU is not as explosive this year, and ND's defense is almost as good as LSU's. Rix is having problems, while the ND QB just manages the game (sound familar).

I still think FSU can beat ND Saturday, but I know it will be close and ND could beat them. I see no reason why the experts wouldn't pick ND to win: they have a higher ranking in the BCS, they are ranked higher in both polls, they have higher rankings in stats, and they have not lost yet.

This is not Davie's fighting irish anymore, they win games as a team (much like Georgia, Ala, Mich, Okla, and LSU). I bet it will be a hell of a game.