How do we handle the QB situation from here on out?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 10, 2010.

1. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

This is what I'm thinking. JL should be in charge, giving way to JJ every so often; it almost seems those roles are reversed right now.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

jj was much improved.

i would like to see jl the predominant qb, but not the only one. reasoning: imo, using both takes the pressure off of both. neither one has to be THE man.

i agree with the jl 2/3 of the time and jj 1/3 thought, and that is pretty much the ratio i was thinking of after the game when thinking over how it went.

we had one interception, the only fumble was on special teams, and i think we only got sacked once. please correct me if im wrong. sometimes in my pacing around the house watching from room to room, i didnt see everything. that is a much improved offense.

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Agree on all points. Tremendous night for Lee considering the road he traveled to get here. To throw the game winning TD for a come back victory in the Swamp - lot of redemption. And a lot of payoff for a couple of years of sticking it out in a very tough situation. I'm really happy for the young man.

4. TigerFan87

TigerFan87 Founding Member

I wonder what Miles was telling Lee after the game ended. The ESPN cameras zoomed into them talking.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Correct.

All the back breaking mistakes we've been making on offense didn't rear it's ugly head.

29 negative plays this season, I remember only the sack and maybe 1 of the reverses to Shepard tonight. That's an improvement.

False Starts, Illegal Motion, Illegal Formation, Illegal substitution, Delay of Game? I don't think there was a single penalty of that sort, unreal on the road in a hostile environment.

Only 1 sack. Kept our QB clean and protected for the most part.

We had the 1 interception, otherwise EXCEPTIONAL QB play.

6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I also love that Lee threw back to back fade routes to win the game a week after under throwing one for an int in the endzone.

7. Zackardo

Zackardo Founding Member

I would have one caveat judging JJ's performance with his statline. 2 of his early passes seemed to be a bit behind the receivers but were deflected TO the receivers by Florida defenders. I don't remember any egregious drops but could be mistaken here. I can't tell exactly which ones they were looking at his drive chart, but I'm guessing without those he would be somewhere in the vicinity of 5/12 65-70ish.

Still generally agree that he should see a minority, yet significant, part of the QB snaps.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Which proves that the play call is not necessarily the problem but the execution.

9. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

I think Lee gives us the best option to win. I just don't think that with the weapons we have, a running QB does us a lot good. We've got plenty of good runners and JJ seems to either be making the wrong decision on the zone read or not holding the ball and riding the RB long enough before he decides. Notice when Florida ran the play, our defensive line struggled with who to hit, they ran the play much better.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

There's a case to be made both ways here.

One, execution of the same play last week was bad. He threw it to the wrong side...and not only gave the defender a chance, but really gave his receiver NO chance.

Two, the playcall was stupid last week...since it wasn't a fade to a 6'5" TT. In fact, it wasn't even called to a wide receiver. It was called to Ridley.

Poor execution.
    Dumb call.