How do we sleep when our Mosque is burning?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 29, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Mosque frequented by would-be Portland bomber Mohamed Osman Mohamud burned - NYPOST.com

First off, I feel bad for the good people who go to service at this mosque. But on the other hand, it was bound to happen. I don't agree with it, I think it is reprehensible, however, who didn't see this coming?

I think the Muslims of America need to do a better job in standing up and condemning all acts of terrorism. I think alot could be done if all of the American Muslims would denounce, and denounce loudly the acts of Muslim Extremists.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It doesn't help. Google "American Muslims denounce terrorism" and it brings up thousands of instances. They have been doing this for years.

And we have been saying that America is not at war with Islam for a decade now, but it does us no good, either. No one in the Islamic world believes it.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Maybe if they get a better platform, and maybe Muslims from other countries need to join in. What can be done about this? Just sit back and let what happens happen?

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If I were them I would leave this damn country.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

do your part. if you know religious folks, tell then they are being idiots. tell them you cant take them seriously and that their beliefs are a ****ing joke. tell them how much harm their stupid **** does to the world. make your kids hate religion and understand how evil it is. convince everyone you know to hate religion. we have to get past these ridiculous lies if we are to advance as a species.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Wasn't that the name of a song by the talking heads or something? I can hear it now, how can we sleep when the *** **** is burning, dah ta da da when the something something is turning. Pretty sure I have the name of the band wrong but I definately remember that song.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejorQVy3m8E]YouTube - Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning[/ame]

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

aww man, guess I had the wrong song as well. Shucks, I knew there was a song about something being on fire, guess my subconscience just wanted it to be a mosque.

9. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

QUOTE=martin;1160283]do your part. if you know religious folks, tell then they are being idiots. tell them you cant take them seriously and that their beliefs are a ****ing joke. tell them how much harm their stupid **** does to the world. make your kids hate religion and understand how evil it is. convince everyone you know to hate religion. we have to get past these ridiculous lies if we are to advance as a species.[/QUOTE]

:dis::dis::dis: yes Teaching hate is the answer. :wave:

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

hate of ideas is not the same as people. not that it is wrong to hate people. hate is often perfectly appropriate, you are just repeating PC nonsense people peddle these days. part of our problem is that people repeat spineless platitudes in order to create a false persona they think seems pleasing to others. well, thats miserable and wretched. congratulations, you are a coward.