How do we sleep when our Mosque is burning?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 29, 2010.

1. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

LOL you are too funny Martin you seem angry all the time. Now i am a coward because i think teaching people to hate anothers beliefs is wrong. You are quick to judge my friend.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

we are a nation of too much tolerance. and not only that, there are certainly things you are in favor of hating. like i said, you are just babbling platitudes you heard, possibly on oprah.

everyone is, and you know it. you think i am hardcore, you should read some of our most respected americans ever, like mark twain, that guy truly was happy to launch a mountain of beautiful hate at religion. but people like him are shouted down these days, because we hate honesty.

3. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

Maybe you should be called Kreskin. LOL

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I find religion fascinating, kind of like Greek Mythology.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

of course. it is exactly that. religions are all the same. myths are myths. i hate that we call the older religions mythology but we dont call the modern ones mythology.

if you take a religious studies class at school, it should be called "mythology" just like when you take a mythology class.

but, like i said, we have this coward culture that wont call anything what it is and has the idea that faith should be respected.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I took a humanities class a few years ago and hands down one of the most interesting classes I've ever had. I love all that stuff. Finding out that cleopatra was actually greek, the story of Oedipus is absolutely fascinating.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You preach this sermon a lot, Reverend Mahtin. How interesting that you not only disbelieve, as an avowed atheist, . . . but now you feel compelled to spread the gospel of St. Dawkins, and proselytize to the masses.

I'm beginning to understand your chants and incantations and am waiting with bated breath to see your beads and rattles, impressive vestments, and dogmatic rituals.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

yes, i know, perhaps i need some new topics and viewpoints. 2011 maybe.

part of it is that there is such a contrast between the way people can make sense and say smart things and be good at stuff while simultaneously being lunatics willing to believe in sorcery. it doesnt compute and i never tire of thinking of it. supafan is a great example.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

So you say this

Yet in another thread talking about President Bush's belief that WMD existed in Iraq you said this:

It seems like a pretty epic flaw in logic. Am I lying when I say:

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Checkmate