How do we stack up in the three phases of the game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by terry cox, Nov 16, 2003.

1. terry cox

terry cox Founding Member

Offense:

Defense:

Special teams:

I give LSU the edge in special teams, the clear advantage in defense and a draw in offense. What does everyone else think?

2. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I think we have the advantage in all three phases over Ole Miss, but they are a good team who has found ways to win.

Offense: For the total package, LSU is better, we can run and pass. In the passing game, Ole Miss has the advantage with Eli and those steady handed WRs Ole Miss has. Our O line, is far better than Ole Miss's and has been the difference in both the AU and ALA games, controlling the line.

Defense: Ole miss has struggled, almost like we did a few years ago by not being able to stop the long pass. Along with our O line, the best part of our team has been D. We have stopped everyone, with only Florida figuring out how to beat our blitzes. Eli is more mobile than most QB's, but eventually we will get to him and wear them down.

Special teams: We are better in the special teams as well. Not much to report here, other than we are getting great returns every week. Ole Miss has speedy return guys, but we cover better than most teams.

We should win this one, but I think Ole Miss will put up a fight. It is just one of those college football series where you throw the team's records out the window when they meet, b/c both teams are always excited to play each other. I think this series means more to the players and older fans, than the newer generation of fans.