How do you gameplan for Peyton Manning and the Colts?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by fanatic, Jan 27, 2010.

1. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Get film of what New England and San Diego have done to him in the past and see if we can emulate it. I think they got physical with the receivers and of course went after Peyton. Also score early & often and make him have to catch up.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yep, plus 3 step drops and short passes. That's why I don't think the strategy we used against Minn will work. Plus, they know our D needs turnovers, so they will be very cognizant of and work on this.

I like the idea of getting physical with their receivers. Put Jabari on Wayne one on one, Porter and Gay on Garcon, and double Clark with Sharper/Vilma.

3. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

We don't have to sack him but much like last week hit him often and hit him hard. Get a good push up the middle and make him move his feet.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think we need to treat it like the Pats game.

Force the Colts to go down the field taking 10-12 plays to score.

The one knock on Manning is he gets impatient from time to time and will get picked because of it. Force him to matriculate the ball down the field and wait for his mistake.

I don't see us doing what we did to Favre and it working very well. The Colts pass protect better than anyone and Manning gets rid of the ball and will avoid a hit no matter what.

I think you pick and choose your battles. I would like to see a corner blitz where Peyton won't see it coming and it won't be able to be picked up.