How do you win this argument v. Bama or AU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jsberry, Oct 15, 2011.

1. jsberry

jsberry Veteran Member

Folks from Alabama (or MS, TX, etc. but usually AL these days) like to use the excuse: "LSU has the whole state to itself, so Bama and Auburn deserve more respect because they divide resources (academics and athletics) and have to split the state's talent." What's the best comeback to that?

2. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

From what I remember...LSU isn't the only university in louisiana. usl, tulane, mcneese, la tech, southern, grambling, NW st, nicholls st.
    Granted, they aren't top notch programs, but still there is no state that has only 1 university playing football.
    or you can tell them, "tough titty"

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

The best comeback is "sucks to be you." Yes, LSU has a recruiting advantage over every other BCS school. There are more D1 athletes per BCS school in Louisiana than any other state.

Honestly, why do you need a comeback? I usually rub it in.

Edit - I like "tough titty" too.

1 person likes this.
  4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

"so you are telling me you cant get the best players because you arent the best in your state? funny that's also the problem usl has."

1 person likes this.
  5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

:rofl::rofl:

6. Richdog

Thanks!

7. Richdog

great!
    :thumb::rofl:

one usl message board i go check out every once in a while blocks usl and ull. if someone posts a message and refers to them as usl or ull the word comes out as ***. pretty petty, yet they make fun of ulm. :confused:

8. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

sounds like weak sauce to me. LSU and nearly all of the SEC heavies can recruit the southeast region extensively , and a few can recruit nationally.

The days of putting a fence around any one state (in the southeastern US) have been over for a while.

Take the state of Mississippi for example. MS is always in the top 3 states when it comes to NFL players per capita. That surprised me the first time I heard it until I looked at the data. Consequently, everybody desires to recruit the state's top players and raid the juco talent.

Conversely, Florida has the largest volume in the southeast, unless you now consider Texas to be in the southeast. Consequently, every major program recruits Florida heavily.

9. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz6vJ5ZGMGc]Cartman plays violin xD - YouTube[/ame]

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Outside of one recruit every couple years or so, LSU gets whoever it wants from Louisiana. That's called putting a fence around a state.

Alabama, Auburn, Miss State, Ole Miss, etc. should be thankful that LSU can only sign 25 a year. Otherwise they'd have no scraps of Louisiana talent left for themselves and their teams would be ****.