How Does Kapernick Feel About the Flags on 911

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CalcoTiger, Sep 11, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It doesn’t?

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

No, not in my opinion. It may say a lot of other things, but it doesn't translate to disrespect. He's done nor said anything to indicate he doesn't like or respect the military. He's said exactly the opposite.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Depends on what you mean by "dodging the draft." Many college students in the Vietnam era got draft deferments as long as they stayed in school. Certain occupations considered essential were eligible for deferment. Do you hate Muhammad Ali for dodging the draft? How many professional athletes were drafted? Rocky Bleier, the other RB for the Steelers than Franco Harris, was the only NFL player to fight in the Vietnam war. Did all those other players disrespect the military?

4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

“I know more about ISIS than the generals do,” he insisted during the campaign. “Believe me.”

Several months later, Trump added that U.S. military leaders “don’t know much because they’re not winning,”

As recently as September 2016, the Republican said American generals “have been reduced to rubble,” adding, “They have been reduced to a point where it’s embarrassing to our country.”

I guess thumbing his nose at them, was just campaign rhetoric,..

I think the Presidency has been reduced to a point where it’s embarrassing to our country.

5. LaSalleAve

How many of them are President?

6. LaSalleAve

It’s not just you brother.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Do you read those comments and somehow extrapolate that it means he disrespects the entire military? He took aim so to speak at very inept leadership. And by association he was rightly criticizing Obama for what he did to the military. How many scandals occurred under Obama's leadership? How many Navy boats got phucked up? Petraeus was one of the biggest embarrassments ever visited on the Armed Forces. HE disrespected his own service and that of others by his actions and behaviors. The CiC called him and others out for it.

Were you aware that between January 2013 and November of 2013, Obama had fired a total of 9 generals and flag officers? Does that sound like Obama had a ton of respect for military leadership?

"At least four high-level military generals, now retired, went on the record with World Net Daily about President Obama’s firings of the military elite. The men who deemed the Commander in Chief’s terminations an attack on America’s armed forces included Army Major General Paul E. Vallely, a Fox News senior military analyst; Lieutenant General William G. Boykin, a founder of the Army’s Delta Force; and Medal of Honor recipient Major General Patrick Henry Brady....

Boykin, who was also the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence under President George W. Bush, is worried that top generals are being relieved without cause and feels that the military purge is worse than Americans realize. He wonders if they are being dismissed simple because they disagree with policy.

“I believe there is a purging of the military,” Boykins said. “The problem is worse than we have ever seen.”

Navy Captain Joseph John feels that the latest military firing by President Obama is just a small part of a bigger picture. Captain John is a graduate of the Naval Academy, served three tours of duty in Vietnam, was a Navy SEALS commander, and served as an expert on al-Qaeda for the FBI. During his career in the Navy, John was also awarded five Meritorious Service Medals, the Navy Marine Corps Commendation Medal, and more than 20 unit citations and a medal for combat operations.

John wondered if the administration’s opposition to the now overturned Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy on homosexuality has impacted Obama’s actions. He also mentioned the administration’s support for women in combat....

"I believe there are more than 137 officers who have been forced out or given bad evaluation reports so they will never make Flag (officer), because of their failure to comply to certain views. The truly sad story is that many of the brightest graduates of the three major service academies witnessing what the social experiment on diversity … is doing to the U.S. military, are leaving the service after five years. We are being left with an officer corps that can be made to be more compliant, that is, exactly what Obama needs to effect his long range goals for the U.S. military."

Sit down and have a conversation with some of those who served under the big-eared cocksucker. Morale was shit, supplies were shit, preparedness was compromised, the VA was a joke. So don't tell me that Trump disrespects the military. He's directed more money their way and has stated a desire to do better. Criticizing inept leadership is NOT disrespecting the entire military.

tirk and COTiger like this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I won't defend Obama

I haven't seen Trump respect anything except his own reflection in a mirror

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I don't spend any time worrying about it really. I want shit done.

tirk and LSUpride123 like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

George W Bush was in the Air National Guard. It was hard to get into any National Guard at the time without connections because a lot of people were joining the guard and the Coast Guard in order to not be drafted into the Army. If Bush had be some working stiff he would have been drafted with a good chance of being sent to fight little yellow men in the jungles of Vietnam. Is that draft dodging in your opinion?