How Does Kapernick Feel About the Flags on 911

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CalcoTiger, Sep 11, 2018.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Weird. Just like Russian bots.

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Yeah it's all Trumps fault

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Colin Kaepernick ad campaign a win for Nike, polls show
    https://www.oregonlive.com/business...pernick_ad_campaign_a.html#incart_river_index

"showed voters approved of Nike's decision to feature Kaepernick in its latest ad campaign by a 49-37 split. The poll also found a distinct age gap, with those 18-34 approving of Nike's decision by a 67-21 margin, while voters 65 and older disapproved of the decision, 46-39 percent".

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Internet sales rose a lot.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I image in the short term they would. Nike knows the SJW's will jump all over this.

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Stocks are at at all time high. They have rebounded from the initial loss after the Kap ad.

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Pretty hard to deny, whether you like Kaepernick or not, whether you approve or disapprove the manner in which the message is delivered that the discussion rages on. That, in and of itself is impressive. The money grab articulates that. I ask though, what, other than continued protest has developed from the ongoing discussion that can be seen as an improvement resulting from the cause? This seems to escape me. The protest, for the most part, are silent. Has there been anything said by those protesting that demonstrates, other than keeping the discussion alive, what gains have been made that show the protest, the discussion is working towards relieving the problem? Or am I just missing that??

GiantDuckFan and kcal like this.
  8. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

If we want the shit to go away we should ignoire it...Everytime somebody does something like Nike did we make all kind of noise about it. We empower Kapernick by keeping his stupid ass in the news...

Tiger in NC and GiantDuckFan like this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I wonder if Nike is wiling to "sacrifice" profits by making the shoes in the US as opposed to the Orient for cheap labor.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Bengal B likes this.
  10. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Nike has more than 700 shops around the world and has offices located in 45 countries outside the United States. Most of the factories are located in Asia, including Indonesia, China, Taiwan, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Pakistan, Philippines, and Malaysia.

Quite a few years ago Nike built their world headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon. Established rumor has it, virtually all the executives wanted it built in Asia, where the factories are. Phil Knight insisted, even though it's cost Nike $ millions,.. but Uncle Phil is retired.

So, the answer is no, 123, Nike will not tear down 700 factories and rebuild them in the US. Would Donald Trump divest his worldwide holdings and solely invest in America?

[​IMG]

Trump has faced criticism for outsourcing production of many of the products sold in the Trump Collection,..

“But don’t you have to also lead by example?” the reporter said. “You know, so many of the products in the Donald J. Trump Collection are made overseas — Bangladesh, China …”

Sen. Marco Rubio,.. “The second thing, about the trade war — I don’t understand, because your ties and the clothes you make is made in Mexico and in China,” Rubio said. “So you’re gonna be starting a trade war against your own ties and your own suits.”

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018