How Does LSU match up with UCLA

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JP4LSU, Mar 28, 2006.

1. JerryOdom

JerryOdom Founding Member

Doesn't matter. We're gonna kill'em

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

UCLA getting a lot of pub for being good defensively but that's just better defense than they had before howland. Thats not saying much since its a lot like the PAC 10 in football.

Bruins look soft in the middle and hollins in particular. I think we can stifle them defensively and run when we have to.

3. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

I say Mike makes turds out of a bruin.

http://sedition.com/daily/20050123.html

4. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

If true, then GD---and the rest of the guys---better hit their GD...G_dd_mn... free throws. Make 'em pay for playing Hack a Shaq on Big Baby, TT.

5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I've watched UCLA play a few times this season. Should be a low scoring affair and "ugly" for a while, since both teams will be a little tight.

Farmar is the real deal. A good handler and good threat offensively. He will be the key because really, he's the first true "impact" PG we've played against so far in the tourney. I say this in the sense that Burtt and Law were more scorers, and Paulus was more just a passer. UTexas doesn't have a true point either. Farmer can penetrate and hit the three and he makes the offense go. DMitch should start off on him and try to keep up with him with his quickness.

Temple and Afflalo sort of balance each other out. Although Afflalo is a dangerous scorer. If Temple can keep him in check, LSU has a good chance to keep the Bruins scoring low.

Their bigs are lean and athletic but none are going to hurt you with 20 points. Hollins, their slim 7 footer, is pretty athletic and having a good tourney so far, but I think Tyrus can more than hold his own. I think much like in the Texas game, tho', people underestimate what it's like to play with Big Baby. No player compares in the Pac-10, and I think Glen's size and weight is really going to be hard for UCLA to cover. Their other post is a 6'7" athletic guy but he's not going to be able to guard Glen and if he hurts the Tigers with his speed, either Darnell or Tas' can help shut him down.

So, I think that as long as their guards don't completely rattle our guards and we don't turn the ball over, our bigs will win the war down low. Free throws will be key, as others have said, b/c they will be fouling.

Another low scoring defensive battle, that goes down wire (but hopefully not)?

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

seems to me that tas is the "forgotten man". i'm looking for him to hit the 8-10 ft kick out shot for the Tigers this sat. with tt & gd getting all of the attention look for tas to step up.

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

It seems from the bruin boards that they think we are a run and gun team like Memphis. They couldn't be further from the truth. I hope they continue to think that way.

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

It would be nice for Tmitch to find his shooting touch in Indy. He has really struggled in the tourney thus far ... 11-36 fg, 2-11 3s, 7 pts a game.

Hope he steps up his offensive game this weekend...