How far down does USC fall after losing to Arizona State this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 11, 2004.

?

How far does USC drop with a loss?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2004.
  1. Remains #1

12 vote(s)
    31.6%

1 vote(s)
    2.6%

7 vote(s)
    18.4%

6 vote(s)
    15.8%

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. #6 (behind all other undefeated teams)

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Utah is an excellent team with a stud, veteran QB and a great coach.

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I voted that they would remain #1. Love affair with forgivness

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I cant believe i havent been flamed yet... guess i was right..

4. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

If everything happens as planned, SC will win the remaining games (they are clearly more talented than everyone else they face). But sometimes in college football the impossible happens. #1 loses to some unranked team with a grudge to settle. SC had to turn the game around to beat Stanford, they almost lost at home to Cal . . . plenty can happen.

It's more likely that ASU will lose, SC has more talent and a better team. We have seen several teams lose games against teams that had less talent. You never know what will happen on Sat. SC should win out, but they have plenty of games where teams will gunning for them. Like us, SC is a huge target. Everyone wants to take down the best teams from the year before. Basically SC will see these teams best efforts.

5. GxLSU1

GxLSU1 Founding Member

If they lose, they will drop waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back...to #4. :dis: :lol:

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Steve Smith, their only dependable wideout, broke his leg in the game versus Cal. If Leinhart thought it's been tougher throwing the ball this year, just wait and see how much harder it will get. The young guys just won't step up, IMO.

Reggie Bush will have to take over this game in order for USC to win it. I just don't think they will pull this one out.

Arizona State 19, USC 16

7. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

I said 6th. After the close call with Stanford, you could see a little "iffy" attitude from the media when it came down to discussing USC's power. They should've dropped from the top spot with that close win, but all they lost was a few votes thanks to the powers within. If they lose to Arizona St., there's almost no choice but to drop USC from a legitimate #5 or 6 spot...especially if OU, Auburn, and Miami continue to win.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree totally with you dothang, but the reality is that won't happen. I said 4th. There is too much of a gap after Auburn in the polls. Purdue and Virginia don't have the Media/Coaches respect, not even close as of yet. USC drops no lower than 4. If they are #3 ahead of Auburn, I won't be the least bit surprised. If they are #2 ahead of Miami, that would be a total shock, as the media loves them some Miami Hurricanes too.

9. BB

BB Founding Member

People: Wisconsin is 6-0, Oklahoma State is 5-0, Louisville is 5-0, Arizona State is 5-0, Southern Miss is 4-0, and Boise State is 5-0 and they are ranked 12th, 15th, 17th, 18th, 19th, and 25th. Please don't defend freaking Utah...

Is this what we do every year - we give a Top 10 pass to a non - BCS team to make ourselves feel better? Tennessee has one loss to a Top 4 Team with the best record in the toughest conference and the best record in the nation.

10. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Go ahead and think what you want. As for me, I'm rooting for a non-BCS team to finish in the Top 6 in the BCS. It looks like all Utah has to do is go unbeaten for that to happen this year.