How good is Coach Fran?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by J_Oats, Nov 14, 2002.

1. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

I think over the next few years we'll see Saban and Fran rise to the top of the SEC and dominate the conference between the two schools. I think both programs were able to seure the right man for the job and hope we both will reap the rewards for many years to come.

1 person likes this.
  2. CarolinaTiger

CarolinaTiger Freshman

Re: Saint, I hate to quibble, but, Hey!, what are these boards for..

thanks, HSV, you've taught me a new word! i plan to use it in my class next week!

"specious"...i like that.

ct

1 person likes this.
  3. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Happy to help (g)**

rtr

4. haulazz

haulazz Freshman

fran----isnt that a girls name?---welcome to death valley, where we wont mind beating up on a girls team---:D

5. msully

msully Founding Member

Re: Saint, I hate to quibble, but, Hey!, what are these boards for..

When he left TCU was there not some questions about him as a coach

6. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Well, you obviously didn't pay attention..

to a single word I wrote, did you?

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Who is the better coach?

Unfortunately, I'd say that Franchione is a better coach than Saban.

I'm not at all impressed with Coach Saban's LSU Tiger team this year. Here's a list of what they lack:

1) heart and desire to prevail: I see A LOT of quit in a team that gets blown out 31-7 and 31-0. These kids quit when the chips are down. Saban can't coach them out of that, apparently.

2) self- discipline: penalties over an over an over again. Offense: illegal procedure; special teams receiving corps consistently blocks somebody in the back thus nullifying a good runback (we have seen NO improvement or correction of this problem which we have had for years)

3) improvement during the season: I see none. Other teams improve during the season, we do not seem to improve from game to game.

There's no way that a Top 20 team should get blown out 31-7 and 31-0 during the same season. These scores show a lack of effort on the part of the players, and a lack of ability on the part of the coaching staff.

Coach Saban is unable to motivate the team to play inspired football. I wonder if he ever will. Last year, Rohan Davey was the leader to inspire the team. That's why we won the SEC Championship. Sometimes Coach Saban looks to me like he is getting "burned out."

This year, one has to wonder whether we'll be able to beat Ole Miss or Arkansas. The LSU Tigers are playing so poorly right now, that you have to give the edge to Ole Miss at Tiger Stadium. Anybody who is confident about the game at Arkansas is really engaging in a bit of wishful thinking, because Arkansas will win the game with defense, heart, grit and Matt Jones.

At 7-5, we will get a bowl game and some extra practice. Lord knows, we'll need it. The thing that bothers me is: will it do any good? Next season, will we see the same lack of heart and discipline that we see this year? My prediction is "Yes."

I agree with the Bama post above: Coach Fran will win back to back SEC championships before Coach Saban will. I predict that both Auburn and Alabama will accumulate winning records of Coach Saban.

It's a sad day for me. I thought the blowouts at home were a thing of a past era with a long gone coach. We were all dreadfully wrong about that.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Oh woe is me. Poor poor me. Look what this team did to me. It's everybody's fault for making me so sad. Boo hoo hoo. Just shut the hell up and get a life. We will be in Atlanta.

9. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

It was me that said I would bet a bag or redbeans and a sack of rice, Coach Franchione would win back to back SEC Championships before Coach Saban. I would love to pay off that bet. It has been 66 years since LSU has had a back to back SEC Championship and I still think they can do it. So you had a bad game, get over it and get ready for Old Myth. And I would much rather see LSU in Atlanta than Nutt's bunch.

10. msully

msully Founding Member

Re: Well, you obviously didn't pay attention..

Boy, Fran is a good coach , all i am saying is this Bama team that is in trouble again at his old job what happened. Now since you keep getting in touch with me wanting my attention lets talk . I have an email do you ?? It does not matter , is it ok for a school to allow a player to play for them when someone gives that student money Is it right yes or no ? Is it wrong yes or no ? I think Bama should be not allowed to play football for eight (8) to ten(10) years . What are your thoughts on that ?