How good is LSU's defense???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pastorcocky, Sep 16, 2007.

1. pastorcocky

pastorcocky Freshman

I quoted total offense...

Your stats are an interesting take, however.

2. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

:thumb:

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Irrelevant. LSU has done what dominant defensive units are supposed to do to weak offensive teams...completely obliterated their will to compete. When facing better offensive teams, our guys will still be just as fast and just as strong.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

You didn't strike a nerve at all. We're just helping you adjust your way of thinking about our defense. We're rough, tough, and punishing. We aren't being defensive; it's just that our defense is offensive to other offenses.

I don't think we'll be a top ten defense to end the year; I think we'll be the #1 defense.

I was reading a SC board earlier, and posters there were suggesting a double team of Dorsey (novel idea...by the way.) That simply will not get the job done against our D.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Let me just put it to you this way...opposing coaches from this year as well as many a national pundit have said that it looks like we have 15 guys on the field when playing defense. It's true. Wherever the ball is, you'll see about 8 gold helmets in the immediate vicinity.

6. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

Put it to ya this way, Cocky....SC scored 16 points against UGA. The Cocks will be hardpressed to hit that number against us. That is really all I am concerned with at this point.

7. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Did anyone notice that in all three of our games, the starting QB has been pulled early? We should strive for that all season!

8. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Fess up...you're an AP voter, aren't you?

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Dorsey pointed that out last night. I do believe it is something the D is taking great pride in.

Semper Fi brother! Hope you're doing well. Are you going to be able to make any games this year? If so, drinks are on me.

10. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

We're so good that if we would have played the Bengals today they would have had to settle for 2 field goals, and Carson Palmer wouldn't have made it past the 3rd quarter.