How I remember the King of Pop

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Jul 9, 2009.

1. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

nah, it has nothing to do with enabling and has everything to do with i have no idea what the truth really is. i wasn't there. and don't know any of the principals personally.

if you asked me to convict him on what i think alone, i wouldn't let my child spend the night with him. i definitely think the dude is weird.

i wouldn't be surprised if he did it nor would i be surprised if he didn't.

now OJ on the other hand...i think he did it.

but i'm kinda with chris rock...i ain't sayin he shoulda killed her...but i understand.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you cant really form an informed opinion w/o reading the details on it and to think he could have just been misunderstood and weird is the biggest case of denial i can remember. by media and everyone in general.

8 yr old kids testimony with certain details absolutely leave no doubt but i understand the desire to remember an idol as a good person. some people dont want to see it for what it is.

same as the parent thinking its never their kid. its hard to see the obvious I suppose when you dont want to.

he was the lowest of the low. molested innocent adolescent boys.

understand? really?

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

that clears up that relationship.

4. LSUtiger327

maybe i don't read enough testimony.

and with oj, walk in on your wife effing some waiter and see how calmly you react. not sayin murder but passion is a dangerous thing.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Wasn't Ron Goldman a pole smoker? He would have been more likely to have been Nicole's hair dresser or interior decorator than her lover.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Difference between OJ and the MJ trials, OJ had tons of evidence stacked up against him, but the prosection had a bunch of racists as their witnesses, and were pretty much incompetent. MJ there was never enough evidence to convict, just testimony from a bunch of liars, and his weird self. I think Phil Spector was more of a freakshow than MJ was.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Weren't OJ and Nicole Brown Simpson divorced? And, also, OJ had a history of hitting his wife. Passion may be dangerous, but OJ was a dangerous force all on his own.

8. LSUtiger327

see, further evidence that i don't really pay attention to celebrity trials.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I am not going to get into the debate of whether Michael Jackson is a monster who is or isn't guilty of having done sick and disturbing acts against innocent children. I am not getting into whether he was weird and bizzar. I want to make some observations as a parent, as a person who has some personal knowledge of Michael Jackson, and Neverland Ranch.

There are just certain givens as a parent that just don't add up, and make the allegations against him hard to believe. As a parent, I know my children are not staying at anyone's house that my wife and I aren't personal friends of. Especially if this person had been accused of being a child molester. I don't believe that any parent would allow their child to be put in that situation unless there was some sort of motive. There isn't a dollar amount in this world that I or any other parent would accept to walk away from prosecuting someone we believed harmed our children. And the fact that he paid 22mil to make the problem go away, in my opinion, was the lessor of the costs he would have incurred to prove his innocence.

About the man, the entertainer, and Neverland Ranch. I have seen the magic in a childs eyes as they get to ride the ferris wheel, the carousel, the train (which ends at a station the kids get choose gifts and all the candy they could ever want), the joy of getting to pet the animals, the excitement of getting to watch a movie in a movie theater for the first time, of running around and singing along to the songs of "Peter Pan" that are piped thru the sound system, watching them enjoy playing video games in an arcade, that they aren't normally aloud to go in due to their illness, and seeing these terminally ill children beem with excitement when they get to meet them and he gives them heart felt words of encouragement. Yes, I have been to Neverland Ranch, as the head of the charity organization "Reach Out", an organization for terminally ill children stricken with the HIV desease. Children who's last wish was to meet Michael Jackson. I have over the years taken over 250 children to the Neverland Ranch and seen the magic in their eyes. I have been in the theater that has 6 hospital beds set up for terminally ill children. I have seen the arcade that has accommodations for terminally ill children to be able to sit and play video games, and stiill be able to receive the medical care they need. I have sat on the lawn and had lunch served by his chefs, and been in the house and seen the unbelievable awards he has received. Built to lure children in for some sick fantasy of his, I don't think so. The most remarkable thing was meeting him and listening to him tell these kids how proud he was of them for how strong and brave they were. To listen to him give, heart felt, words of encouragement. Was he a great humanitarian, with a very kind heart, yes he was.

Was his life filled with sadness, sorrow, turmoil, and personal mental pain and anguish, I believe so. I believe that for years, thru his music, he was telling the story of his life. That he knew he wasn't long for this world, and that he hoped God would be there in the end, as he tried to be there for so many people. I think he believed he would die young, to the point that may have been what he hoped for. A strange, unusual, sad, and in pain individual, that is what he was. But most importantly he was a great humanitarian and one of the greatest entertainers of our time. That is what I choose to remember him for.

1 person likes this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Great story. I hadn't considered that a lot of last wish children would want to meet Michael Jackson. I'm glad that he accommodated that and I hope any celebrity would do the same. It's a great thing.

Like I mentioned earlier, it is possible for someone to be a great entertainer, a great humanitarian, and a particularly disturbing individual all at the same time. No factor really invalidates the others.