How important is the NFL to you?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Scout200, Aug 10, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

the NFL to me, i really didn't care that much about it, until fantasy football was invented, i followed it, but i had no rooting interest.

take away fantasy football and it would be right around the NBA for me.

2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I don't so much care for the entire NFL as the Saints are important to me only. It's not like college ball. For some reason there's a different feeling watching hard working students than I get watching overpaid clowns having tea parties in the endzone (thank you Daniel Tosh).

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

wut

4. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

Born and Raised in South Carolina, moved to Louisiana in 2001:thumb:

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

NFL is high-quality football but just a bit too commercialized and too much emphasis on "prototypical size". 80% of the QB's play the same way and there's not as much variety in the offenses compared to college. The NFL's goal is to make money and it shows. I fear college football is becoming more and more like the NFL though

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Something to watch on Sunday and Monday nights. :popcorn:

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I can echo some of the same sentiments about the NFL mentioned above. One additional reason, at least for me, is a practical one. I devote just about every Saturday to College football. Can't see devoting my other day off to the NFL on Sunday. If its on I'm not in the middle of something else I'll watch a game, especially 'da Saints ( Two 'dat :thumb: ). I keep up with the NFL primarily through the print media rather than watching the games on TV on Sunday. I will watch MNF if nothing else is going on.

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

College game more important to me, they dont' move college teams. You can pull for them and they don't leave.

Many things have diminished interest in the pro game, which I used to enjoy more.

1. The strike many years ago, if they don't care about their game, why should I?
    2. The owners moving teams. I still don't think the Rams play in St. Louis, or the Colts in Indy, or the Titans in Nashville, or the Raiders in LA (oh, that's right they are back in Oakland for the second time!). After the Oilers left Houston, you learn what to do on Sunday afternoon if you don't have an NFL team.
    3. Players and coaches make too much money. Then the jerks can be prima donna's. Not always true, but pretty often (like Vick).
    4. Free agency. Good for the players, not the game. You seldom see a Johnny U. retire from the team he played his career for, except ceremonial resignings. Sure Elway did, but he's the exception, and he was still good when he retired.

9. Scout200

Scout200 Freshman

Yeah.. the NFL is definitely peaking my interest! In the past, I wouldn't say it was of any importance in the past but am finding myself becoming more fascinated...

-Scout