How interesting...Blanco dodging disclosure and slinging mud...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerEducated, Oct 28, 2003.

1. JD

JD Founding Member

I agree, replication is the problem.

Ed Michael - $5 grand to Jindal. She has some catching up to do

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

The elimination of HBCU's in Louisiana JD? Could we finally be talking about (gasp!) the complete and total assimilation of the black community into white America?

I'll let YOU fight that political brawl. GSU and Southern are sacred cows. The white (or Indian-American, or any non-black) governor who attempts to move against those schools does so at his/her peril.

I do agree that there are too many four-year colleges and universities in Louisiana and some do need to be cut. Tops on my list are ULM and McNeese State (this is sad because I like most of their fans, but they really have become dead weight) and next after that, GSU, and the Southern System. Once that is done, that draws us down to nine four year schools. We can then unify all nine under one system. Then have a separate system for two-year junior colleges and technical institutes, which should be more widespread.

Once again though, good luck finding a politician willing to do that. I think Jindal MAY be willing to do it, if he is elected, if he is successful with his early attempts at reform, if he becomes wildly popular with everyone throughout the state, and finally, if he wins a second term in a landslide and has nothing to lose by pursuing this. Of course, he may have political aspirations beyond the Governor's Mansion.