How Les addresses the QB issue just pissed me off!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vesperiaLSU, Oct 21, 2010.

1. vesperiaLSU

vesperiaLSU Veteran Member

When asked why he is still making JJ throw the ball as JJ hasn't throw a TD pass since the first game of the year, Les answered with something like this: We've seen him(JJ) throwing the ball pretty well in practice and I think we're gonna see both of these guys succeed eventually.

Les knows that he has no other fact or stat that can still rationalize his decision to start JJ. The only excuse he can look for is JJ's "pretty well" performance in practice, which we all have no chance to demonstrate except him! What we all have access to see is JJ's performs in 7 real games, including one against a FCS team. Even assuming he did throw the ball in an acceptable level in practice, that says nothing but he simply doesn't have that maturity and leadership required to sustain the pressure in a real game, which is far more than enough to bench him in such a crucial game!

2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

ok

now start another thread about how the Tenn game ended

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Look...I think Miles is starting Jefferson just to tick you off. I wouldn't take it if I were you.

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I thought I would hate this thread. But, in fact, it's fantastic.

5. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

You're a lot like that last guy running in to burn down the old creepy house by the cemetery.... nothing left but smoke and ashes because we were THERE ALREADY.

:lol:

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

There is one thing I would like to point out and commend Les on. It is also a coaches responsibility to develop the character of his individual players. By Les continuing to show support for JJ he is doing part of his job, but come on coach enough is enough. I agree support your players, but not at the risk of sinking the ship.

7. joker

joker Founding Member

As usual, the pumpers add nothing to the issue but their whining.

Obviously you are correct vesperialLSU but you can't worry about anything that Les says. He's never thrown his players or coaches under the bus and he's not starting now.

We're 7-0 and Les doesn't want to rock the boat. He can start Jefferson and hope he can move LSU on Auburn's ****ty defense. He'll probably bring Lee in in the next series anyway. Who starts isn't as important as who is given the majority of snaps. Lee has performed well coming in of the bench and Les is scared to change that.

The big question is whether Jefferson is worth wasting an offensive possession on. We won't know the answer to that until after the game but so far Jefferson has proven that any series he starts is a wasted possession.

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

To what degree do you think miles realizes the frustration of the fan base at his call to play jj as the starting qb. Do you think he cares at all about the opinions of the fans. Everyone from Bobby hebert to the espn worms say lee is our best qb. How can miles see it any other way. I just don't understand and it drives me nuts

9. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

Rats azz ...... make your own coffee ...... will you like me at 8-0 .......... of course he cares. Will he do what you want him to do? Why you think they call him the Mad Hatter. Dont try to understand it, just relax and go with it.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Not real sure I understand the purpose of the "pumpers" comment. There isn't a post supporting Miles decision, just those pointing out that they believe the op to be the very same poster that was kicked off the board just 3 days ago.