How Les addresses the QB issue just pissed me off!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vesperiaLSU, Oct 21, 2010.

1. joker

joker Founding Member

Because they can't stand any criticism of Miles, for any reason.

If I remember correctly the guy you're talking about just spewed insults comment after comment. Maybe it's the same guy but his message didn't refect that.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

In that respect I sorta understand, but I think that most would rather ridicule him rather than entertain him, because he has already made his opinion known in about 8 different threads. There comes a point where everybody just gets it.

3. T1gerfive

T1gerfive SANTA

Quarterbacks

Hey, I was an LSU student during Charlie Mac days when he was platooning quarterbacks. Never cared for it, but the reality is we have no premier q-back. Partly due to Perilloux leaving and partly due to neither of the guys (Jefferson and Lee) having breakout games and consistent play. Arguably, Miles is not short of entertainment value, but he is a winner. At the end of the day it's the wins that count and he's gotten them. You have to give him that. Also, there are so many intangibles that make teams great, teams are often defined after the end of their campaigns. There will always be fair-weather fans and die-hard fans. Personally, I'll take Miles over Maclendon any day and Charlie Mac was a good coach.

4. StarmanT

StarmanT Veteran Member

Not being confrontational, but let me ask you this. What would constitute a 'breakout' performance? Lee led the team to 2 game winning drives this year. He's only thrown one interception - that was on a poorly designed play, where the only option was to throw that pass - it was not a great pass, but still a poorly designed play. He's completing many different types of passes and looks incredibly comfortable to me at the QB spot. He will still make mistakes, as do all QBs, but he is getting it done when he is in the game. I'd like to see him take a majority of the snaps.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i have 2 suggestions.

1. quit taking everything so seriously. If you sit there and get pissed at everything Les says, you are going to end up killing yourself in the next few months.

2. smoke a bowl, or take a drink, or eat a xanax or klonopin. it will help you.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

True.

This guy is late to the game if he is just now getting pissed with Les Miles.

7. T1gerfive

T1gerfive SANTA

I agree that Lee appears to be more comfortable than Jefferson. I suppose for either to have "breakout"', Miles will need to leave the more productive player in the game and just let him play. It would be interesting to have Lee start this game and give him the benefit of playing without having to play catch up. I think he's earned that. I think the fans deserve that. However, it appears that Miles/Crowton are disinclined to abandon q-back rotation based on game situations and their feeling that Jefferson gives them more options (run/pass) even though Jefferson's passing game is virtually non-existent so far. Like Miles said this week, they are seeing something in practice that has yet to translate into game situation.

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

this.

/thread

9. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I don't really care if you're pissed or not.

Les has a 20 year old young man's confidence/ego/future in mind. There is a rock-solid team to also consider.

What if Les benches JJ and Lee eventually goes back to the Pick 6? How do we go back to JJ after that?

Lastly, JJ's state of mind is much more important to our team than yours is.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He whines . . .