How long before we start to point the blame at Grewe?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by clair, May 23, 2010.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Really? Are you saying the Head baseball coach has given up on the season? What kind of message does that send to the players, fans, future recruits? I don't believe that.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i know that too. but i think that ending on a less stinky note for the whole team is better.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Sometimes the head coach has to make difficult decisions, and I'm sure that CPM is making the decision to use each player in a way that he deems is for the greater good of the team. If that means keep forcing a player to go out there and break thru their mental breakdown, then so be it. I don't think that CPM has given up on the season, but rather realizes that if certain players ie. Ott and Ranaudo don't break thru their mental breakdown it won't matter, because we won't go very far without them at their A game level. Not saying that I am 100% sure that he is making the right decision, but based on the successes he has shown I am gonna support it and defer to he knows more than me.:geaux: :tigbas: :LSU231:

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i agree. he knows more than us regular fans. i support him tho im not so sure it is what i would do if i were the coach. but im obviously not the coach! lol

up until now, the only thing i have questioned this year, really, was the decision to start ott. i was firmly against it before he did it and even more convinced after.

but i have never seen a team have such a meltdown. i can understand ott and ranaudo. ranaudo got hit a couple of times (i mean physically hit himself by the ball) and injured. if that made him a bit gun shy, i understand. and ott wasnt the same, although he was able to pitch himself out of jams, after the 7 inning stint. then after getting rocked as a starter he seemed to lose all confidence. not sure what happened with ross, but he seems to have worked his way through it (knock on wood) and has given us a couple of good solid games now.

but the rest..... the lack of offense. the mental errors on defense. it was like a full team implosion.

5. clair

clair Rockets

This.

In 2008, Fresno State was a 4-seed. Not nationally, but in their REGIONAL and they won the CWS.

In 2006, Oregon State was a 3-seed in their regional.

I guarantee you with as competitive as Mainieri is, he thinks they can get in, string together some pitching and make a run at it.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

totally agree. i don't see how ott coming in and losing would help his confidence. mainieri dropped the ball on that one, and we'd be playing auburn tonight instead of florida in a couple hours.

7. clair

clair Rockets

the kid shot all his bullets in the 7-inning relief outing.

It was all down hill from there.

Just like when the Texas closer pitched 10 innings in the Regional, then got kicked around the rest of the postseason.

If we're blaming anyone, blame them for leaving him in for 7 innings on that day. His arm has been torched since then.

Win 1 to maybe lose 5 later was the way we played it -- and it's backfired.

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

not picking on you in particular, but pitching has largely been fine the past few games. if grewe gets let go, sanchez should be shown the door as well.

9. clair

clair Rockets

the last TWO games against the worst team in the SEC.

They are something like 9th or 10th in the SEC in ERA, whereas the offense is 3rd or 4th in RBIs and runs scored.

2 games out of 30 does not a season make, bud. :)

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

state is a fine team offensively, but even further back than that we had started to pitch more effectively here and there. not total games, mind you, but we had been getting effective outings the past few weeks. the vandy series showed pretty good pitching when we loss 6-2 and 4-3. the southeastern game wasn't badly pitched. the kentucky series showed moments of being "back." and like i said, state isn't a bad offensive team. but my point is, we should have been able to beat a team with cellar-dweller ERA all over the field (which, of course, we didn't.)