How long does Smoke get??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

If we don't go to the Super Regionals this year then I would say give him one more year to get back to Omaha. If that doesn't happen then get a new coach.

2. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

wow. calm down.

3. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

we just went to Omaha last year, this season is about half over, and you want to fire him... What do YOU do for a living? I'd like to read YOUR evaluations.

4. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Give the guy some time. Damm we were really spoiled under Skip. Smoke is the man right now. Give him time and good things will happen.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I've never been one to react to adversity (sportswise) by calling for the coach's head. I don't doubt that Smoke is a good coach. I am starting to wonder, though, who is coaching our pitching staff. It just seems like none of them can get anybody out right now. If a starter falters, the reliever comes in and allows a couple of hits. No one can put out a fire, it seems. Meier, Faircloth, Bumstead, Mestepay, Determan were all tough early in the season and now they can't seem to be able to last more than a couple innings? Is it the pitching coach? I don't profess to be an expert but I am an observer and something is not right.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I guess you haven't heard that Lou Tepper is the pitching coach

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

:grin: :cry: :grin: :cry: :grin: :cry: :grin: :cry: :grin:

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You think you're crying now. Wait til you see the "Drop Lefthanded Relief Pitcher"

:cry: :sob: :cry: :sob: :cry: :sob: :cry: :sob: :cry: :sob: :cry: :sob: :cry: :sob: :cry: :sob: :cry: :sob: :cry:

9. midtowntiger

midtowntiger Founding Member

How Long Does Smoke Get

Most of you discussing Smoke & the baseball team live in or around Baton Rouge. Some of you think "something is wrong." Don't the Baton Rouge or N.O. papers have anything on what's going on with the Tigers' sweep by Arkansas, the inability of pitchers to get Arkansas, Georgia, or Southern U. hitters out, the number of errors, all of the hitting into dp's, all the strikeouts? LSU baseball is supposed to have tons of talent & last year was a youthful team, but this year was supposed to be different. I live too far away & there is no interest in LSU unless Ole Miss or Tenn. beats LSU, like last night when TN got 16 hits (almost half for extra bases) & overcame 6 errors to beat the Tigers. LSU got one extra base hit against TN & the pitchers just couldn't (like a lot of the games recently) get the job done. The local papers down there must be looking at some of these problems. Appreciate any information on what they are saying. Thanks!

10. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

With all the damn talent LSU has on this team and we are just .500 in the SEC, say what you want but I think that is coaching.