How long til football season?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Jun 15, 2003.

1. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

EA is thinking about doing a College Baseball game

2. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

I've asked about that at every E3 I've been too, and every company that does sports games tells me the same thing -- there's just not enough of a market to send the money producing one. Baseball games are the lowest selling sports games, so they're not seeing much of a market to risk doing a college one.

3. LSUGeauxTigers1

LSUGeauxTigers1 Founding Member

I would buy it. I know that.

4. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I'm in a serious delima!!!!!

My roomate just moved out and took the PS2. I don't know if this has ever happened to one of you, but its like losing a girlfriend, I miss the good times we have spent together (25 National Championships) and I even miss the bad times (dropped passes, bullshit INTs, and even the catches made when I had 4 defenders on one reciever) these are the memorable moments I will never forget.......but now its time to replace her!!!
    Now my delima is whether to go after the girl-next-door (PS2) or the hot chick down the street (XBOX).
    I have heard from people that if you just like sport games and aren't into a variety of games, then XBOX is the way to go (beacause of slightly better graphics and selection of games is slim, but all I want is EA sports games). So I am leaning toward the XBOX. But then I hear that NCAA 2004 will not be available for online play for the XBOX (is this true?), if so I don't know if I want the XBOX. I know the XBOX is faster and there is no need to buy a memory card therefore making it a little cheaper. But I just can't make a decision.

What are your opinions on my situation? This is crucial guys, I have less than a month to make the most difficult decision I have ever had to make...Please help!!!!:( :( :dis: :(

5. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

NCAA 2004 is going to be online for the PS2 only. Also, if you want to get rosters that have all the players edited to where they have their actual names, you'll need to get a sharkport which only works for PS2.

6. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

I'd definitely say the PS2 - I prefer the controller, and it has the online capabilities.

7. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

welcome to the board JustinTI

I also like the PS2 controller better, I am starting to lean towards the PS2 because of the online capabilities. It will be really fun to play NCAA 2004 against some of the gamers on this board.

Come July 16, you all are going down!!!!!!

8. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

the start of football season is really a bitter-sweet event for LSU students. It means school has already started :( But there's nothing better than finishing your last class on Friday and gettign pumped for the game Saturday!

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm not much of a gamer but a friend of mine who is a computer geek recently got an X-Box. Somehow he was able to either modify the chip or buy a special kind of X-Box chip somewhere that lets him copy a game to the X-Box hard drive. Then he burns the game onto a CD so instead of paying $50 a game he rents a game once and then he has it. I'm not suggesting that anybody violate the copyright laws but just that the posibility exists to do what he does for informational purposes only. And no, I do not possess over 5000 mp3 files of almost every song I have ever liked and a lot that I don't like that much but have friends who do.

"I did not have sex with that woman" - Bill Clinton:cool:

10. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Scott -- I say go with the PS2 if you want to play online. The Xbox has online capabilities, but EA and M$ don't see eye-to-eye on how things should be handled (each wants control). True the Xbox version looks better, but I've played both versions, and there's very little noticeable difference.

As for getting rosters -- you don't need a Sharkport, but it helps save you time. It's basically up to youif you want all the college players names, or not. Personally, I usually just fill out the rosters for LSU and Oregon, and put in the "known" players from other teams. Sometimes I include all the SEC, but it all depends on time.

I wouldn't be surprised if EA threw in a roster update online that contained all the players names, but I'm not sure how that would play out in regards to NCAA regulations.

Any other questions -- feel free to ask. I cover this stuff for a living (well, non-paid, but I get all my games free), so might as well put the knowledge to use :)