how long will it take for a freshman to take snaps against ULM?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by purpleloungefly, Aug 7, 2003.

1. purpleloungefly

purpleloungefly Baking & destroying

in order Randall will have the tail end of the 1st half.
    Russell,Matt F. and Ricard will alternate the 2nd half.

LSU 56
    ULM 6

2. profneo

profneo Founding Member

Re:

Here's how I see the QB PT at the ULM game playing out. I think Saban will want to play Mauck at least the whole first half and perhaps some of the third quarter. The reason I think that way is because the sole purpose LSU added this game on the schedule was to get the team some practice before going on the road. I think he'll play all the starters for the first half.

Third quarter: I think we'll see a little bit of Mauck followed by Randall for the rest of the quarter.

Fourth quarter: I think Randall will play a bit, but here's where it gets a little tricky. If Ricard does well and both frosh don't pick up the offense very well, Ricard would probably play the rest. I know Saban says wants to play a frosh and give one a redshirt. I'd expect JR to play this year and maybe get 1 or 2 series in the ULM game.

I know all this is EXTREMELY speculative, but hey, what else are we too do with 3 WHOLE weeks left to go before the season starts.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: Re:

Depends on how the game plays out. If LSU is ahead 28-0 after the first quarter Randall will play the second quarter. If its 14-3 Mauck will stay in the game. If its a total blowout at the end of the 3rd quarter I think Ricard and JaMarcus Russell will share PT in the 4th. I would really like to see JaMarcus get some PT in with the starting unit but that probably won't happen.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't see Nick playing a freshman QB in the first game. Too much pressure on the youngster and some pressure on Mauck, too. This game is to get PT for Mauck and Randall. Nick may want to redshirt both true frosh. If Ricard has a good August he could be the reserve guy this year. But we likely won't see him in game one. Western Illinois is where the 3rd QB will come in, I think.

5. Tigerdog007

Tigerdog007 Founding Member

That is a great question. Is everyone else as excited as I am about J. Russell. I really think we got one hell of a gem!!

6. bolobolo

bolobolo Founding Member

It sounds like both Flynn and Russell are as good as advertised. As excited as I am about having both of these guys on board, I don't think either will get pt in ULM game. I agree that Matt and Randell will get the pt. Russell and Flynn are the future. Don't look for either to start this season.

7. profneo

profneo Founding Member

Neither will start unless something goest TERRIBLY wrong, but Saban has said he'd like to play one and redshirt one in order to stagger their eligibility.

8. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

As Saban learned last year, take your QB out when your up by a lot!!!!

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The game was not "in the bag" when Mauck got hurt. People act like it was time for the gatorade. Of course, ULM is not as likely to come back like a Florida could.

10. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I disagree. With the way UF was playing, I thought LSU should have taken Mauck out.