How Low Has Men Hoops Sunk?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Perhaps Travis Ford is the guy but since his team is still playing maybe that's why we have'nt heard anything yet. He would'nt be my choice.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

yours is revoked too.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

it could also be because the candidate(s) lsu wants is waiting to see what else opens up. to me that means, does a coach at a good program go pro and which program loses a coach to Indiana (Tennessee, perhaps).

4. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Jordy had on his show this morning that LSU has now hired a search firm to look for a coach. Skip had said they would rely on Nike and others to collect them a list with info and now they have hired a firm.

Jordy and whoever debated what that means and they both agreed that it doesn't look good that 6 weeks into this deal you have to hire a firm now to search. I understand about the AD not being hired and all, but at this point, it looks like Looney Tunes over in the admin building.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i read somewhere (sorry, no link) that ole stanley was bypassed on the decision making. kinda makes sense. stanley said something like "ive got nothing to say about the basketball coach search"

sounds like a cluster f, but i think it really a great situation. get the right AD then let them pick the bball coach. if the top guys are gone then take butch. if he has a crappy year, can him. dont see what it hurts unless one of the guys available this year are better than whats there next year.

of course, i guess it could blowup if butch doesnt wait around, but what are the odds of that?

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

tj pugh???? torris bright???? xavier whipple????? randy "my knee exploded" livingston??????

actually without the injury livingston was pretty good. better than CJ. No.

patiently waiting for fan card revocation...

7. LSUtiger327

he was more of a point guard than jackson was though. jackson was simply one of the best shooters i had seen to that point and had one of the quickest shots i've seen.

can i vote for tj pugh as one of the ugliest players in LSU history? i think it would be a close race btwn him and randy devall.

they were definitely the dennis johnson and nick van exel of LSU.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

cant possibly be d mitch, who knows.

just show him your barbed wire tat that goes all the way around and you automatically get your card back.

9. LSUtiger327

actually d mitch (even though not a true pg) did a great job as one.

i gotta stop getting black out drunk and waking up with tattoos.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

yes livingston. he was a great pg. we can debate whether he was a better pg than cj. do i remember correctly that he went down when lsu was 5-0 in SEC play?

hard to call cj a pg when every third possession he'd break down the defender and shoot a 3.