How LSU still makes CFPs LOL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ParadiseiNC, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Let them join the Mickey Mouse league.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

How am I being negative? You’re mistaking reality for negativity. Said it a thousand times thought they would have at least 4 losses right now, you don’t hear me clamoring to fire the guy, or anything. Reality check. While Orgeron and company have done way better than expected, in 2 years at home against the measuring stick for the entire NCAA, 0 points, with his guy, all while talking shit about we comin. That’s an issue. Like it or not you may be around for a little while in BR losing to Alabama but it doesn’t last forever. That’s just the facts. People are not going to be as patient when you can’t even must a point or 2 in 8 quarters in your own home.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

You think LSU would switch places with UCF? UCF would in a NY minute.

4. lsu-i-like

I don’t love the offense woes, but I’m going to wait until the season is done to pass judgement. There are a bunch of extenuating circumstances and it looked like we might be about to turn the corner going in to Bama.

I said before I’d be thrilled to hire an offensive savant today, but if we win out and O wants to ride with E, I’m not necessarily opposed unless we look like donkey dick doing it.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Noun. donkey dick (plural donkey dicks) (vulgar, slang) A very large penis. quotations ▼ (vulgar, slang, derogatory) An idiot, a fool

Which definition?

ParadiseiNC and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

On the quasi-flip side of that, how about no playing FCS teams if you want to be in the playoffs?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I could buy into that, easily

uscvball likes this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I don’t care what any of you say, were #7 in CFP rankings! You can continue squabbling about the Bama loss, OC debates, etc. I’m focusing on the now, this team. We’re #7 with 3 games left, and we need to get to #4 to make the playoffs. Dats da situation. We need some dominoes to fall in our favor, sure, and I’ll be rooting for that! You damn well better believe it. I remember 11/23/07 - 12/1/07 when crazy shit happened, virtually miracles, and we made it to BCSCG. Sure, the system is different, and Bama looks like unbeatable NC champs already, but they still have to win 5 more games accomplish that. I’m not crowning them yet, and I doubt teams they play will. They may get upset along the way, or maybe we make it and finish bridesmaid, but no matter what I’ll keep rooting and hopefully they keep fighting! Geaux Tigers!

TheRealist, TBTrumpet and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. lsu-i-like

F yeah! GEAUX!!!!!!!

TheRealist and ParadiseiNC like this.
  10. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

doesn't seem that far fetched. Obviously need some help....Bama should beat Georgia giving them 2 losses with LSU having the head to head in a blow out do not see how the committee could put a 2 loss Georgia over LSU even with one being an extra game. Then still need Oklahoma and Michigan to lose. Michigan play Ohio St that could well be a loss and Oklahoma plays WV which could be a loss....but then WV might jump LSU being 1 loss at end of season. Def not the easiest of paths but is absolutely possible assuming LSU can win out.

TheRealist likes this.