How lucky are we to have Saban

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, May 1, 2003.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I am not saying Price is a bad coach or a bad guy, I say give the man a chance.

My point is, here at LSU we have arguably one of the top 2 coaches in the SEC. He and his family are very involved in the community, he and press dont get along, but I dont like the press either. His players love him (See Brady James) the fans love him. He never ever has been accused of strange behavior, or recruiting problems, he delivers two number 1 recruiting classes in 3 years (Depending on who you read two top 3's for sure)

He is a classy guy, a great coach, never is in the media except for football stuff. He can out coach almost 90 percent of the coaches in college football. He has signed his contracts, conducted himself with dignity through all of it.

And to top it off, has seem to have set his roots in Baton Rouge, his wife loves Baton Rouge (Unlike Fran in Bama)

Times are good at LSU. I am not judging Mike Price, I really dont care he went to a nudie bar. To be honest I dont attend these kind of places, not because I am so high moral guy, I just find them boring and pointless, If I want to look at breasts I can pull wife's shirt off. But it is a black eye for Bama and its program, I am just glad we have had 3 years of great LSU football and many more years of Saban and great LSU football.

Think about it, all this mess going on in the SEC and the NCAA - Bama, Arkansas getting pinched, Nebraska players assaulting people, Miami, on and on. Since Saban showed up, its been nothing but class, no players stealing purses or showing their twig and berries to girlfriends roomates (Cecil Collins)
    LSU has been above all of it, and just gets stronger and stronger

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

well put, couldn't have said it better myself.

3. TexasTigers

To add lets look at some of the SEC coaches

1. Zook - Well he is Ron Zook, he looks confused all the time and managed in less then a year to take Powerhouse to the level of Bowling Green

2. Tubby - Well he is tubby, I would kill myself if we had him as a coach. I dont need to rehash all the things he has done

3. Price - Jury still out but I bet the bama faithful are a bit ashamed right now

4. Sherril - Need I say more

5. Nutt - Ditto

6. Fat Phil of UT - Seems to be a decent guy but has lost some luster of the last few years has little control of his players.

I will say the Richt of UGA and of course lew of USC are great coaches and seem to be good representations of what a coach should be.
    The rest (Ole Miss, UK, Vandy etc etc) are just your spare to fair everyday coach. Nothing to write home about type coaches, here today gone tomorrow thing.

Thanks LSU for getting Nick Saban - Our entire athletic program from Skip on Down is in my opinion the best in my lifetime of 30 plus years.... I cannot fly my LSU flag high enough.

Geaux Tigers

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I agree entirely!! Saban rocks!!

5. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Saban for President

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Read my name!

7. Latide97

Latide97 Founding Member

Yall are right about Saban, he seems to be a great coach not only for his coaching but also for his ability to keep the program out of hot water.
    BUT I am from Louisiana and I happen to remember those DINARDEAUX FOR PRESIDENT bumper stickers too.
    Just pickin at yall,
    Saban is a great coach

8. TexasTigers

Heck I remember the Hallman stickers, I still have one,