How many dads caved on getting a van?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUpride123, Apr 8, 2015.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So we had our third girl this past Friday. We had a 4Runner and 3 car seats in that thing is terrible.

So. We got a van.

But, the damn thing is actually awesome lol. So much more toys/room for the money.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Shag carpet and a waterbed for Scooby Doo?

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Oh back on my first marriage and right about the time my 1st son was coming (already had a step daughter) I broke down and bought one. Dodge minivan, 4 banger with a stick shift. What a colossal piece of shit that thing was. The vans of today are pretty stylish and don't really look like vans. Bottom line you have to do what is practical and best for you and your family. You can still have a Harley or Indian or whatever, maybe just a truck. I don't think I will ever be without a truck. Don't get a corvette, so cliche.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Here is what sucks. I had saved to get myself a toy project car. Like a mustang. something for the weekends and a few track days. Slightly used etc.

So I start showing my wife what I found and she goes, "I need more room".

As if my soul wasn't enough.

CajunlostinCali and KyleK like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I know how you feel, I have a 3 car garage and it has/had the perfect spot to put an old camaro. I wanted to find an old junker and just start restoring it but my teenager, well he was all about the finished product but didn't want any part of turning wrenches and sanding and packing bearings and the other fun stuff. Another dream down the hole. Stay strong brother.

StaceyO likes this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Never a van, but we were a single child family. My wife's mid-size SUV was big enough. Now he's out of the house and my wife is ready to go back to a car. I've never been a truck person, but I may have to learn.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea that's the best part. Tearing it down and building it up. Driving it is fun as well. :/

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Always good to have some type of truck around.

These days shit is just so expensive. I was at the Toyota dealership the past few days and this Tundra was 53K and didn't have leather. 53K for a damn truck.

Ford has trucks going over 60K.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't even consider big honking' trucks anymore. I've always driven V-8's but that 12 miles a gallon shit is getting old. I think one of these aluminum framed 6-cylinder trucks will be next. I've still got the '85 Chevy full-size pickup at the farm for random pulling and hauling locally. But I don't need that much size in a daily town truck or a road tripping truck. $50K is a lot for a truck, but they build them to last better these days if you don't get one loaded with plastic extras.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Hey, its not a real truck unless it has a lift, big tiers and loud! Nothing like a raptor for town use :/