HOW Many do you think LSU can sign ???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Jan 28, 2003.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

On paper with 21 maybe 22 commitments LSU can only sign 3 maybe 4 more. But I am telling you right now mark it down LSU will get 5 maybe 6 more. The 2 Kickers will go on some kind of Academic Scholarship. I am also hearing that Alley Broussard will not go to LSU because of grades which gives LSU the ability to sign 3 more than it looks like on paper.

2. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I am not for sure but think LSU has only......

3 more scholarships open, but if this is true about the the kickers taking acdemic schloarships, that would leave 5.

I think if its 3 we like to give one to: JaMarcus Russell, LaRon Landry and Maybe Dwayne Bowe or Mark Bradford

if its 5: its JaMarcus, LaRon, Bradford or Bowe, Ryan Watson, and maybe Carnell Stewart.

I wonder if LSU might help some guys get to Junior College this year does anyone know??? one prospect I like to see us place there is Anthony Holmes he is from Oakdale Louisiana, which is a small school in Rapides Parish, but he can play some ball, and he got a huge upside potential, maybe a Linebacker or Strong Safety in college, played quarterback in High School.

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Re: I am not for sure but think LSU has only......

i heard one of the recruting "experts" ( that is so hilarious) say he interviewed the kicker from Maryland and he said when asked if he was offered a scholarship that "he was just coming to LSU so just leave it at that". So could be at least one is coming on academics.

Don't forget there are always recruits that are not gonna make it. the "experts" don't have full academic access as the coaches do. so an "expert" could ask a recruit "are you qualifed" and to save face just tell them "yes"......the "expert" is going to jump all over it and print it and repeat it. the coaches know who is and isn't going to be eligible.

we'll see but it's looking good.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

5 to 7 more for the right players

At least two of the committed players won't qualify academically, so Saban can safely sign 27.

If he feels strongly that he may lose another to baseball, or a late defection to another school, or that a player might accept an academic scholarship, then he might venture to sign 28 or 29.